QHYCCD Camera Warranty
1. All QHYCCD products are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two years from the date of sale with the exception of CCD and CMOS sensors, TEC modules and cables which are warranted for the periods stated in section 2, below.
2. Specific warranty periods for CCD and CMOS sensors, TEC modules and Cables:
- On Semiconductor (Kodak) sensors are warranted by On Semiconductor for a period of one year from the date the sensor was sold to the factory.
- Sony sensors are warranted by Sony for a period of two years from the date of sale to the user.
- GSENSE and Panasonic sensors are warranted by QHY for a period of one year from the date of sale to the user.
- TEC modules are warranted for a period of one year from the date of sale of the camera to the user.
- Cables: All cables are warranted for 6 months from date of sale to the user.
3. Time is of the essence in reporting possible sensor defects within each sensor's warranty period. Each Cooled CCD camera (not CMOS cameras) comes with a sensor factory test report. Please read it carefully and test the camera on receipt or as soon as any defect is found that takes the sensor out of the sensor manufacturer's allowed defect specifications.
Repair During Warranty Period
4. QHYCCD will, at our option, and as our sole obligation and your sole remedy, repair or replace the defective product (using new or reconditioned parts or products at our sole discretion). The warranty period for the repaired or replaced product will not exceed the original warranty period. User must contact QHYCCD to obtain Product Repair Application Form prior to returning your product for warranty repairs; items returned without this form will not be repaired.
Exclusions from Warranty
5. This warranty does not apply to any product problems we determine have been caused by accident, abuse, negligence, or damage by water, heat, dust or other environmental cause, or by unauthorized repair or modification. In addition, the following conditions not covered under warranty:
- Damage caused by a bad AC ground connection
- Damage caused by static discharge or nearby lightning strike
- Scratch or physical damage to the sensor
- Low CTE columns (if there are two low CTE columns nearby and they cannot be fixed by using a column defect repair tool, QHYCCD will replace the sensor)
- For On Semiconductor (Kodak) sensors: a column or pixel defect that appears during the warranty period but that does not cause the sensor to exceed Kodak's allowed defect specification for the class of sensor, or for any defect that appears after the Kodak warranty period has expired.
- For Sony sensors: a column or pixel defect that appears at any time after initial use.
- Damage to the sensor due to moisture in the sensor chamber. (In this case, QHYCCD may make a special request for replacement from the sensor supplier. If the supplier agrees, QHYCCD will free replace the sensor at no charge; otherwise it will not be covered under warranty).
6. The user pays the shipping cost to QHYCCD or to a QHYCCD dealer for warranty repair or replacement. QHYCCD will pay the return shipping to the user or QHYCCD dealer.
7. The average repair period is approximately 3 weeks, excluding shipping time. User can request a loaner camera to use during the repair period. (See Loaner Camera Request Section below).
New Camera Replacement
8. QHYCCD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether to repair or replace a camera that is under warranty. However, as a guideline, QHYCCD will generally replace a camera instead of repair it if:
- Within 30 days of sale of a new camera to a user, QHYCCD is notified in writing that the camera did not work at all when it was delivered to the user ("dead out of the box") and the condition is confirmed by a QHYCCD dealer (or by QHYCCD) to be due to a hardware failure other than a bad cable or power supply, or
- A new camera develops a hardware problem during first 30 days from the date of purchase by a user and the camera is otherwise in new condition with no cosmetic marks, scratches or other damage on the camera body, or
- A camera suffers from any failure after being repaired twice during the warranty period.
Repair Work Flow
9. Before returning a camera for repair, please confirm that the problem is a hardware issue with the camera and not a software issue or driver issue. If the problem occurs while using third party software, please use EZCAP or EZPlanetary software to confirm the issue. This simple step may save a lot of headache and shipping costs.
10. Occasionally, small operation issues may be caused by operator error. It may be faster to discover this than shipping the camera back for repair. QHYCCD will do its best to help discover the cause of any issue and we encourage you to try this first. Write down the issue in detail and attach one or more pictures and send this to our repair department or to your dealer. If, after some diagnosis it is determined that the camera should be returned, you can send it in. But, of course, if the problem can be solved without returning the camera for repair, it will be a better solution.
11. To ship the camera back to QHYCCD you will need to open a help ticket on the QHYCCD website. From our home page, go to "CONTACT" and then select "REPAIR DEPARTMENT." You will receive instructions to return your camera to the warranty center in the warranty area where your camera was originally purchased.
12. This warranty is valid only in the warranty area where the product is purchased. QHYCCD has three warranty areas worldwide: (a) North and South America, (b) Asia and SE Asia, and (c) Europe, Russia, Africa and the Middle East. Unless instructed otherwise by QHYCCD, for warranty service and repairs the product must be sent to the warranty center in the warranty area where the product was purchased along with proof of purchase showing date of purchase and dealer location. For the purposes of this section, a purchase is considered to have occurred at the seller's principal location.
Loaner Camera Request
13. A loaner camera may not always be available, but in certain cases, if a loaner version of your camera model is available, you may request a loaner camera to use while your camera is being repaired by QHYCCD. If you would like to request a loaner camera, please inquire with your dealer or contact QHYCCD. Please note that loaner cameras may be a different color than the current production model. Loaner cameras have no warranty and they are not for sale. You must return the loaner camera when your camera is repaired.
14. THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS.
15. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, OR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONTINGENT DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS CONTRACT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SALE, INCLUDING FOR ANY LIABILITY ON ACCOUNT OF A CLAIMED DEFECT IN ANY PRODUCT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR OTHERWISE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. ALL SALES ARE FINAL, NO RETURNS WILL BE ACCEPTED OTHER THAN AS PROVIDED IN THESE WARRANTY PROVISIONS.