1. All new QHYCCD products are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two years from the date of sale with the exception of some CMOS sensors.
2. Warranty periods for specific CMOS sensors
a) Sony sensors are warranted for two years from the date of sale to the user.
b) GSENSE and Panasonic are warranted for one year from the date of sale to the user.
3. Time is of the essence in reporting possible sensor defects within each sensor’s warranty period. Please test the camera on receipt or as soon as any defect is found that takes the sensor out of the sensor manufacturer’s allowed defect specifications.
Repair During Warranty Period
4. QHYCCD will, at our option, and as our sole obligation and your sole remedy, repair or replace the defective product using new or reconditioned parts or products at our sole discretion. The warranty period for a repaired product will not exceed the original warranty period. If customer is given a reconditioned replacement product in lieu of a repair, the warranty period on the reconditioned item shall be equal to the remaining warranty period on customer’s original item or one year, whichever is longer. User must contact QHYCCD through the Ticket System to obtain Product Repair Application Form prior to returning your product for warranty repairs; items returned without this form will not be repaired.
Exclusions from Warranty
5. This warranty does not apply to any product problems we determine have been caused by accident, abuse, negligence, or damage by water, heat, dust or other environmental cause, or by unauthorized repair or modification. In addition, the following conditions are not covered under warranty:
a) Damage caused by a bad AC ground connection
b) Damage caused by static discharge or nearby lightning strike
c) Scratch or physical damage to the sensor
d) For Sony sensors: a column or pixel defect that appears at any time after initial use.
e) Damage to the sensor due to moisture in the sensor chamber. (In this case, QHYCCD may make a special
request for replacement from the sensor supplier. If the supplier agrees, QHYCCD will free replace the sensor at no charge; otherwise it will not be covered under warranty).
6. The user pays the shipping cost to QHYCCD or to a QHYCCD dealer or Warranty Center for warranty repair or replacement. QHYCCD will pay the return shipping to the user or QHYCCD dealer.
7. The average time for repair is approximately 30 days from the time the item is received at the factory in Beijing to the time it is placed in shipment at the factory in Beijing for return to the customer.
New or Refurbished Camera Replacement
8. QHYCCD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether to repair or replace a camera that is under warranty. However, as a guideline, QHYCCD will generally replace a defective camera with a new camera if:
a) Within 60 days of sale of a new camera to a user, QHYCCD is notified in writing that the camera did not work at all when it was delivered to the user (“dead out of the box”) and the condition is confirmed by a QHYCCD dealer (or by QHYCCD) to be due to a hardware failure other than a bad cable or power supply, or
b) A new camera develops a hardware problem during first 60 days from the date of purchase by a user and the camera is otherwise in new condition with no cosmetic marks, scratches or other damage on the camera body, or
c) A camera suffers from any failure after being repaired more than once during the warranty period.
d) A camera’s repair time exceeds or is reasonable expected to exceed 90 days. This 90-day period shall be calculated from the date the user ships the camera to QHY to the date that QHY is prepared to ship the camera back to the customer.
9. QHYCCD may offer a refurbished replacement camera in lieu of a repair if:
a) A failure occurs after more than 60 days from the purchase date of the customer’s original camera but within the two year warranty period and
b) the customer’s original camera is otherwise in like new condition with no cosmetic marks, scratches or other damage on the camera body, or
c) in such other cases as QHYCCD determines, in its sole discretion, that a refurbished replacement is an appropriate remedy
10. To ship the camera back to QHYCCD you will need to open a support ticket though the QHYCCD website. From the QHYCCD home page find “Help Center” and click on the Help Center button to open a support ticket. From there you will be given an application and instructions for returning your item to the Warranty Center for the area where your item was originally purchased.
11. This warranty is valid only in the warranty area where the product is purchased. QHYCCD has three warranty areas worldwide: (a) North and South America, (b) Asia, SE Asia and Australia and (c) Europe, Russia, Africa and the Middle East. Unless instructed otherwise by QHYCCD, requests for warranty service and repairs the product must be sent to the warranty center in the warranty area where the product was purchased along with proof of purchase showing date of purchase and dealer location. For the purposes of this section, a purchase is considered to have occurred at the seller’s principal location.
12. THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, OR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONTINGENT DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS CONTRACT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SALE, INCLUDING FOR ANY LIABILITY ON ACCOUNT OF A CLAIMED DEFECT IN ANY PRODUCT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR OTHERWISE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. ALL SALES ARE FINAL, NO RETURNS WILL BE ACCEPTED OTHER THAN AS PROVIDED IN THESE WARRANTY PROVISIONS.