1. Does QHY600 support hardware binning?
The CMOS sensor itself has some binning function but it should not be the hardware binning (FD binning). And also the binning in the sensor is based on the location of the bayer color . it means it will binning with the same position of the same color.And for monochrom QHY600 sensor, it is still use such a position to do binning. So we think it is not a good solution for the monochrom binning.
And since the very low readout noise of the QHY600, so the digital binning may bring more advantage. First , it can increase the fullwell. Binning at 2*2 will gives four times of the fullwell. Second, it will increase the AD sample depth. Binning at 2*2 will give 18bit data range. For readout noise, the N*N digital binning will cause the readout noise become SQR(N*N）= N times. For example, if the readout noise is 1.9e at 1*1 binning. The 2*2 digital binning readout noise will become 1.9*SQR(2*2)=3.8e.
2.What is the benefit of the Fiber Interface
Normally speaking the fiber interface is for the requestment of the professional obs. It will give the following advantages than USB3.0
- Higher data rate. One 10Gigabit Fiber can transfer maxium 10Gbps data. The actual data rate can get about 800MBytes/s. While the USB3.0 is 5Gbps and the actaully data rate is about 350MByte/sec. Use the two 10Gigabit fiber can get about 1.6GBytes/s speed. The IMX455 sensor has the high speed mode like the 10FPS 14bit full resolution mode and 30FPS 8K VIDEO mode. The data rate of these modes are much more than USB3.0. These mode can be well supported by QHY600's 2*10Gigabit filber solution
- Very long transfer distance. The fiber can hundreds times longer than USB3.0. USB3.0 can only transfer 3meter to 5meter. For more longer distance, it need the extender cable but can just get 10meter to 15meter. While the Fiber can transfer 300meter directly by default optic module comes with the QHY600. And if with the long distance optic module , it can trasfer up 40km.
- Solid stable and no affected by EMI. One major factor cause the camera hangs is the EMI issue. The USB3.0 transfer maybe get affect by the EMI in the transfer patch. Like the static and other high power device emitted. The EMI will cause the transfer data packet get CRC error and cause image lost. The USB cable more longer, it is more easy to get this problem. Light can not be affected by the EMI. So with the fiber transfer it will get everything very stable.
3. What's the absolutely QE of QHY600？
SONY does not release the official absolutely QE curve of the sensor. There is only a relativity QE graph. (Can be found on QHY600 specification page). But we did a some experiment of testing the absolutely QE of QHY600 by comparing with a known QE sensor. . The article can be found at https://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=23&id=261 The current test results shows a very high QE, it looks too high. We will find more sensor to do this work again.
4. How to set the gain, offset and readmode at the first using
5. Meet "Out of Memory"
Please make sure the QHYCCD SDK had been update to the last version. 2019.10.8 (V6.0.3) or later. The previous two version has a memory leak bug and it will cause more memory lost . And if it is still out of memory, it maybe the memory not enough in 32bit memory space. Since the 61mega pixels, the QHY600 require big memory. The SDK will use about more than twice of the size of the image data (in mono version it is 120MB per frame. so SDK need about 300MB, for color version it is 360MB per frame , so the SDK need about 800MB) And the image acquire software need one or more . For x86 system , the totally memory space is 4GB, many other X86 software will take this space so it maybe not enough memory there. We recommend to use the x64 software, like the X64 SharpCAP, X64 N.I.N.A software. If you are using the X86 software. it is best to close other software to reduce the 4GB space usage
6.What is the ultra short back focal length version?
For some application which has limited back focal length. QHY600 has an ultra short back focal length version. This version can be apply on both PhotoGraphic version , early bird version and professional version. This version has a 6.7mm back focal length.
if you are using the CANON/NIKON lens plus filterwheel, you may need this version to match the back focal length requirement. But for other setup which does not require very short back focal length, it is not suggested to use this version, because the optic glass of camera chamber is very close to the CMOS sensor so it may cause higher risk of the dew forming on the front of optic glass of the c hamber.
To resolve the possible dew issue, you can use a small air pump to generate a air flow to the optic glass window.
When connecting with the QHYCFW3, it requires a connector. QHYCCD will supply such a adapter. And in this adapter there is a hole for pipe of the air pump.