QHYCCD

QHY600 Pro - Trigger Function

Joe

QHY600 Pro - Trigger Function
« on: April 26, 2021, 01:22:17 PM »
I have a QHY600 professional version camera, and I was wondering if there was any information on how to create a gated input to match another timed event. I need to capture a specific time frame corresponding to when another event happens. For example, a machine that pulses on and off when in operation and sends a signal when it is on or off, is there a way for the QHY600 Pro camera to read this information and only capture during the time when the machine is on?

I looked into the GPIO from the Spec Sheet which said ?(Pro Version Only) 4PIN, high speed with flexible FPGA control. Can be used as trigger in/out, multiple camera sync capture control, high precision GPS time measurement etc? but found no more information. How would I use this GPIO, and would this relate to this timing trigger?

Joe

Re: QHY600 Pro - Trigger Function
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 01:55:24 PM »
More specifically:
1. Does the QHY600 Pro camera support a gated input trigger, for example 100 microsecond pulses at 100 Hz?
2. Is there any functionality in the camera that would allow an input of this information in order to capture only during these pulses?
3. How do we access the trigger feature on the QHY600 Pro Camera?
4. Do the pins in the GPIO 4 pin interface on the QHY600 Pro have a pinout?
Thanks.

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 11:20:58 PM »
Hello Joe,

Because there is a different timing requested. The GPIO port can be customized as the user requirement.

Since the QHY600 is a rolling shutter camera. So the things will become more complex than global shutter sensor. For your application.  I have a question.

(1) Is the environment is totally black and only in the event there is the light and you want to capture this event?

(2) If the event is driven by other timing and this timing can transfer to camera?  Or, can this event controlled by camera (camera send the machine a signal and the machine make a event).

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun

Joe

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 09:15:42 AM »
Thank you for the reply Qiu Hongyun,

1. Yes, the environment is completely black until those pulses of light

2. The machine causing the pulsing event can output the timing information (when it is on versus when it is off)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 04:50:07 PM by Joe »

Joe

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 09:49:24 AM »
Hello Joe,

Because there is a different timing requested. The GPIO port can be customized as the user requirement.

Since the QHY600 is a rolling shutter camera. So the things will become more complex than global shutter sensor. For your application.  I have a question.

(1) Is the environment is totally black and only in the event there is the light and you want to capture this event?

(2) If the event is driven by other timing and this timing can transfer to camera?  Or, can this event controlled by camera (camera send the machine a signal and the machine make a event).

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Hello again, there is a bit of a time crunch now, do you have any recommendations?
1. The environment is completely black until the event which there is light, and 2. the machine creating the pulses is driven by timing which can output to the camera
Thanks,
Joe