QHYCCD

QHY600 and MaxIm with ASCOM-driver

QHY600 and MaxIm with ASCOM-driver
« on: April 04, 2021, 05:28:41 AM »
HI,

I have been using MaxIm DL Pro 6.18 with different SBIG cameras for quite a long time.
Now I use a QHY600 and MaxIm with ASCOM-driver and see a different behavoir when looking to the cooling:

1) When the camera is cooled (e.g. to -10 deg C at 50% cooling power) and I start "warm up" the cooling power drops SUDDENLY to zero instead of SLOWLY warming up. BTW: the behavior in SharpCap is slower as expected when warming up. Is this an error in the ASCOM driver?

2) Sometimes when the chip is still at ambiant temperature (e.g. at 15 deg C), MaxIm indicates 0 deg C when the cooling is still OFF. Another error in the ASCOM driver?

Software setup is: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, ASCOM Platform 6.5 SP1 RC1 (build 6.5.1.3174)
QHY driver file versions 21.1.6.12 / ...13

Please comment on the ASCOM driver errors in MaxIm...

Thanks,
hipoh

Re: QHY600 and MaxIm with ASCOM-driver
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 08:34:02 PM »
Hi,
    About the first issue,our ASCOM driver have no warm up function,if you turn cooler off,the PWM will go to 0% directly.But some software will readlize this function,they can warm up in their software.
    And the second issue,when you connect power to camera,camera will auto turn cooler on,decrease temperature to 0 degree.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

Re: QHY600 and MaxIm with ASCOM-driver
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 04:30:17 AM »
Hi,

many thanks for your answer!

1) is it be possible to include that in an ASCOM driver update? ... and ist that planned?
It could help to minimize thermal stress on the chip!

2) you mentioned software which is capable to do this. Which software would you recommend?

Thanks,
hipoh