QHYCCD

QHY268M starts cooling without connecting USB

gazul

QHY268M starts cooling without connecting USB
« on: April 01, 2021, 10:55:43 AM »
Hello.
QHY268M, when I connect the voltage (12.8v) to the camera it starts to cool by itself. My power supply has a consumption indicator and measures 1.8A just by connecting it to the voltage, without connecting the USB cable to my PC. When I open the capture software the sensor is already over 0C, is this normal? Won't the cooler be damaged?
Is there a way that it doesn't start cooling by itself until instructed to do so by capture software?
All the best.

Yuki

• View Profile
Re: QHY268M starts cooling without connecting USB
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 10:19:50 PM »
It is normal.

In our setting, if you plug in the power, it will cool to 0 degrees.

If you don't want to plug in and start the power supply, we need to modify it in the FPGA program.

Best Regards

gazul

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 03:43:24 AM »
It is normal.

In our setting, if you plug in the power, it will cool to 0 degrees.

If you don't want to plug in and start the power supply, we need to modify it in the FPGA program.

Best Regards

What does it mean "we need to modify it in the FPGA program"... is something I can do?

Best Regards

gazul

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 04:53:33 AM »
... I imagine you mean to modify the "firmware". Is it possible for you to modify it?
It really is not a whim. Just bought the camera I have to do many tests in "dry dock", at home, I had to read a lot to be able to install the drivers correctly in my system, that has meant having to turn on the camera at room temperature (22?C ) 15 or 20 times, each time it went from 22?C to 0C in a very short time, this thermal shock I don't think is very good for the "peltier" or the sensor. It would be a very good option if you modify the "firmware" so that it only cools on demand using capture software. And tell me.
All the best.

ZY

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 08:41:36 PM »
Hi,

This is a tradeoff  to decide when to start cooling the sensor, because someone hope the temperature can decrease soon, so we set when power up when cooling.

But I will feedback the information to my colleague and leader to talk about it.

Best Regards!
zy

gazul

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 06:37:03 AM »
Hi,

This is a tradeoff  to decide when to start cooling the sensor, because someone hope the temperature can decrease soon, so we set when power up when cooling.

But I will feedback the information to my colleague and leader to talk about it.

Best Regards!
zy

Hello.
I would greatly appreciate if it could be reprogrammed to only cool on demand. The one that reaches the temperature very quickly does not suppose, at least for me an improvement, on the contrary. I understand that if the cooling were slower and more progressive, it would not take more than 5 minutes to avoid the thermal shock that we fear so much.
Thanks for everything.
Greetings.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 07:55:18 AM »
Hi,
I would also very much like to see the cooling and thus the fan switched off manually !!
Rainer