QHYCCD

All-in-one conflict?

All-in-one conflict?
« on: March 31, 2021, 11:22:26 PM »
I use the following cameras with the listed software and ASCOM drivers...

QHY5L-II Mono (All Sky Camera, Custom software, All-In-One ASCOM.QHYCCD_CAM2.Camera)
QHY9M (Main imaging camera, Maxim DL, ASCOM.QHY9.Camera)
QHY5 Mono (Guide camera, Maxim DL, ASCOM_QHY5.Camera)

Please note that over a year ago I reported my QHY9M had connection issues...
https://www.qhyccd.com/bbs/index.php?topic=7463.msg37265#msg37265
At the time I suspected a hardware problem, However I just realized that my All Sky Camera custom software was almost always running in the background. I just discovered when I exit the software (and the All-in-one ASCOM driver) the QHY9 connects more often, I also discovered that as long as NO cameras are in use, all 3 camera's appear in the All-In-One camera list in the ASCOM driver. If the QHY5L-II Mono is in use, the QHY9 & QHY5 do NOT appear in the list (only the QHY5L-II Mono). Also, if I start the QHY9 and then start the QHY5L-II Mono, the QHY5L-II Mono can be unstable! Also I cannot connect to all three cameras at the same time using the All-In-One drivers - only One will connect at a time, trying to connect to others results in an error. Also, in all cases the classic QHY5 is very slow and has NO image data (is black) with the All-In-One ASCOM driver.

My solution so far is to only install only the QHY5-II part of the All-In-One. Then the above listed combo seems to work and the QHY5L-II Mono is stable.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 05:04:09 PM by my-spot »

Re: All-in-one conflict?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 10:16:17 PM »
    Well,if three camera use together will have issue?If only use one camera,can it work normally?
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 03:01:42 PM »
    Well,if three camera use together will have issue?If only use one camera,can it work normally?

I will try to explain by camera.

QHY5L-II Mono: This camera is normally on all of the time as an All Sky Camera. It is using All-In-One ASCOM.QHYCCD_CAM2.Camera (ver 20.08.26.19). This camera is always available in the all-in-one ASCOM driver list. If the QHY9M is being used, this camera can become unstable.

QHY9M Normally uses the ASCOM.QHY9.Camera driver. If I try the All-In-One driver, then this camera is NOT listed in the all-in-one ASCOM driver if the QHY5L-II Mono is being accessed. If I stop using the QHY5L-II then the All-In-One lists the QHY9 and it is usable.  If the QHY5L-II is being used, this camera can become unstable also, QHY9M (ASCOM.QHY9.Camera) will often have an error when trying to connect if the QHY5L-II Mono is running.

QHY5 Mono Normally used as Guide camera with ASCOM_QHY5.Camera driver. If I try the All-In-One driver, then this camera is NOT listed in the all-in-one ASCOM driver if the QHY5L-II Mono or the QHY9 is being accessed. The All-In-One is slow and only returns a blank frame (All 0's image). The ASCOM_QHY5.Camera driver often returns error "failed with error 31: A device attached to the system is not functioning" , but it continues to work.

The only way I can get all three cameras to work at same time is...
Start:
  • QHY9M (Main imaging camera, Maxim DL, ASCOM.QHY9.Camera)
  • QHY5 Mono (Guide camera, Maxim DL, ASCOM_QHY5.Camera)
Then Start:
  • QHY5L-II Mono (All Sky Camera, Custom software, All-In-One ASCOM.QHYCCD_CAM2.Camera)

The most reliable combo is...
Do not use:
  • QHY5L-II Mono (All Sky Camera, Custom software, All-In-One ASCOM.QHYCCD_CAM2.Camera)
Start:
  • QHY9M (Main imaging camera, Maxim DL, ASCOM.QHY9.Camera)
  • QHY5 Mono (Guide camera, Maxim DL, ASCOM_QHY5.Camera)

All of this makes me feel like the All-in-one driver is trying to access (poll?) all the other cameras when any other is being accessed.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 09:28:09 PM »
    OK,I will check this in SDK,please wait for some time.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 12:31:11 AM »
Hi,
    I tested this,I use MDL connect QHY9 via QHYCCD-Camera-Capture as Camera1 and QHY5 via QHY5 Camera as camera2,and use SGP connect QHY5LII via QHYCCD-Camera-Capture2.And cameras can work normally,I can make QHY5 or QHY9 capture continuously when QHY5LII capture in the same time.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 09:59:00 PM »
I looks like I must have an issue with my system - the three cameras do NOT like each other. Maybe the USB controller or a hub. I will investigate and see if I can try some other controllers.

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 11:55:35 PM »
I found at least two problems that may have contributed to the problems I was having.
First, MDL was being executed with elevated privilege (as administrator).
Second, it seems that all-in-one guider and all-in-one camera2 were old and perhaps over written by a "classic" install for the QHY9.

I did a deep purge of all QHY drivers and reloaded and reset all of my astro programs so they no longer run with elevated privilege. I reloaded 21.03.13.17 all-in-one. This made the QHY5LII and the QHY9M work at the same time.

The all-in-one for my old QHY5 still does not work. Long time to download and then a blank image. However, The old original ASCOM QHY5 driver works fine.

The 21.03.13.17 all-in-one still has the memory leak I mention in the other thread.