QHYCCD

268C Stopped Working

268C Stopped Working
« on: March 21, 2021, 09:37:04 PM »
Hi,

My 268C has stopped working.  There is no response from the three computers I have tried connecting to.

When I first received the camera (last June) the connections were not the best.  It would not always connect and sometimes disconnect after it had connected.  It started working good and I had it connected to a small scope.  A couple days ago I tried connecting the camera to a couple longer scopes.  I had no issues with the first scope, but after I connected it to the other scope the camera would not connect to the computer.  Changing scopes meant changing the USB cable to longer cables, so I needed to unplug the USB cable from the camera and plug in the longer USB cable.  I tried several cables and no connection with any of them.

Today, after closer examination of the camera, when I unplugged the USB cable a piece of blue plastic came out of the plug; the larger of the two rectangular pieces that are inside the plug on the camera.  I tried sticking the piece back in and reconnecting to the computer, but it did not work.

What do I need to do to get the camera repaired?

Thanks.

Yuki

• View Profile
Re: 268C Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 08:57:35 PM »
Hi,

Where did you buy the camera?

Maybe you can send it to closest repair center for repair.

https://www.qhyccd.com/uploadfile/2019/0916/20190916024816603.pdf

Best Regards

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 09:45:42 PM »
Well, I'm not going to just send it somewhere without having some sort of prior contact with people at the receiving end and I have now sent two emails to QHYUSA and two emails to Robin Lee at Cyclops Optics with no response from either.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 03:56:17 PM »
I heard from Michael at QHYUSA.  I'll be sending the camera to him.