QHYCCD

QHY294PROC - N.I.N.A. connects - no Live image

QHY294PROC - N.I.N.A. connects - no Live image
« on: March 21, 2021, 12:12:26 PM »
Hello
While I was testing a little bit the 294Proc with SharpCap [OK], I thought I would connect it to N.I.N.A. - which I have not used yet...  I did set it up a couple of months ago and ready to learn how to use it - following a starting tutorial.

I have just updated N.I.N.A. to latest 1.10 HF2 and also copied/pasted data from QHYCCD sdk_WinMix_21.03.13\pkg_win\ 32bit and 64bit folders within C:\Program Files (x86)\N.I.N.A. - Nighttime Imaging 'N' Astronomy\External QHYCCD folder within 32 and 64 bit folders.

Anything else I ned to do?

Camera now is happily detected and also Cooling seems to 'barely' starting to work.
I set it at -10 to test it, but I see Chip Temperature showing as 0.60 / 0.00  and cooler power at 0.00 on graphics it shows as -30?  and cooler power at 0.00 !!!

Anyway, I cannot use camera in LIVE position on N.I.N.A. - I get:
 Error retrieving image data from camera!

Is QHY294ProC actually set to work with N.I.N.A. yet?
Works with Sharpcap [not beta yet].
I am not in a rush, as I am waiting for you to fix the 47M problem so I can use it 'properly' on a short FL telescope - i.e. my SW 72ED

Thanks
M

Re: QHY294PROC - N.I.N.A. connects - no Live image
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 12:31:11 PM »
UPDATE

...in the meantime I found a link of yours where you state how to connect with various applications.

Although it is showing it for N.I.N.A. 1.9, it now starting to work through ASCOM, instead of going directly with camera and I have taken an image at 0.003 as suggested [set with G=1601]- I guess 0.003 means 3ms, but there is not any more a LIVE button.

The image is superb after screen auto-stretching [during the day] in fact better than Sharpcap - I am surprised !

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 08:19:51 PM »
    Well,your QHY294PROC and NINA has cooler issue?I need test it,please wait some time.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 09:52:57 PM »
Hi,
    I tested cooler with NINA,only turn cooler on has no effective,it also need click second button.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 03:18:24 AM »
Hi,
    I tested cooler with NINA,only turn cooler on has no effective,it also need click second button.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

OK, thanks, I see you use the nightly, as I did not see the button there - maybe I am wrong - it was just a quick test.

Will see for that - thanks - looking forward for LIVE as well ... I have no rush any more ... been waiting long and used to wait for it now - I will get more into Solar now with the QHY174M ...

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 03:48:41 AM »
... I could not see it, tried, Beta and Nightly, then I noticed on your screenshot - Driver is 21.03 and I have 21.02

Anyway, I see it here:
https://www.qhyccd.com/bbs/index.php?topic=8503.msg40597#msg40597

Installed, same thing - I only see a 'red X' on the cooler ...

I am going to uninstall everything and try later, got to do some work now!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 07:20:41 AM by QHYceced »

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 06:51:07 AM »
Since installing ASCOM [mine is 6.5v] from https://www.qhyccd.cn/file/repository/publish/ascom/QHYCCD-ASCOM-Platform6.5-V21.03.10.10.exe I get error from N.I.N.A. Nightly 1.11.0.1065 when connecting QHY294PROC using ASCOM from drop-down menu, but seems to work fine on Native QHY294PROC, but without the Graphic switch and the two sliders for Cooling and Duration - just the standards controls - I also noticed the version you tried on is not latest nightly #65 - maybe that one does not have graphics - not that important any way.

Since you also state this on this page [https://www.qhyccd.com/html/prepub/log_en.html#!log_en.md]:

ASCOM
Since the old ASCOM camera driver installation put the QHYCCD.DLL to the windows/SysWow64 or windows/system32. And the recently ascom camera driver put the QHYCCD.DLL into the programe(x86)/common/ascom/camera. We recommand to delete the QHYCCD in windows/SysWow64 or windows/system32 and put the new QHYCCD.DLL to the programe(x86)/common/ascom/camera folder.

I have now checked ASCOM QHYCCD.dll within C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ASCOM\Camera\x64 and see qhyccd1.dll and qhyccd2.dll listed there and they are version 21.3.9.16

The latest qhyccd.dll version is actually 21.3.9.17, but why are there 1 and 2 ? I was going to replace them with version 21.3.9.17 only to find there are two dll !

I understand this is a 'long' working progress, but I am sorry to say I am a pretty organised person and all I can see it is a bit of a messy way to work with this camera.
Nothing is certain and files are everywhere.

Especially when it is a working progress, on e MUST keep ONE page and keep using only ONE page with links + a minimum of info.

It might sound patronising but I believe it is better for you too as users will relay info to you and you update that page as you get on with the development of the software/drivers/etc.

Hence my other https://www.qhyccd.com/bbs/index.php?topic=8408.msg40685#msg40685

... maybe add a new thread locking any posts and keep updating that, any question will have to be done through other threads, but at least you keep ONE page.

Just trying to help you and help users as well and make things more organised - easier to follow and grow the software more smoothly.

Getting back to ASCOM qhyccd.dll, what do I do now?

Thanks and I know you are working hard to try and slowly fix it up.
M
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 07:24:42 AM by QHYceced »

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 08:36:44 PM »
Hi,
    qhyccd1.dll is for QHYCCD-Cameras-Captures,qhyccd2.dll is for QHYCCD-Cameras2-Captures.
    And about SDK location,it indeed be setup different location,and some softwares also will contain SDK,this will make confuse.Thanks for your feedback,I will fix it.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 05:12:54 AM »
Hi,
    qhyccd1.dll is for QHYCCD-Cameras-Captures,qhyccd2.dll is for QHYCCD-Cameras2-Captures.
    And about SDK location,it indeed be setup different location,and some software also will contain SDK,this will make confuse.Thanks for your feedback,I will fix it.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

👍🏼