QHYCCD

My QHY268c is reporting temperature increases while cooling

My QHY268c is reporting temperature increases while cooling
« on: March 15, 2021, 08:34:47 PM »
Hello,
Back in early February, my QHY268c camera started reporting temperature increases while cooling.

That is, "With power being applied to the TEC cooler the temperature data was returning results of an increase in temperature."

I followed the 'new ticket' reporting procedure for requesting service while under warranty.
I have not received any replies to this service request.

In the interim, I bought another brand new QHY268c camera. Since I been had planning an extensive vacation(several months in planning) around the hobby and felt that the turn around of repairing this camera would not meet my requirements and ruin my vacation plans.

Everything fell in place after after some initial problems with the new camera.
It seems my problems where a the result of an update issue related to a SharpCap version and QHY SDK.
That issue was resolved, by rolling back the version of SharpCap and my vacation plans to fell entirely in place.

HOWEVER, I now have two QHY268c cameras...One that works and another one that doesn't.

And, I just want to have the camera that, "Is reporting cooling issues REPAIRED."
I am ok with this of having two cameras, I just want the camera with issues repaired."

However I have not any email replies, "In regard to the ticket submitted for a request for repairs."
Sincerely,
Mark
diligentskies@outlook.com

Yuki

• View Profile
Re: My QHY268c is reporting temperature increases while cooling
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 09:28:21 PM »
Hi,

We will contact you via email.

Best Regards

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 04:43:11 PM »
Hello,

... Everything fell in place after after some initial problems with the new camera. ...

It seems my problems where the result of an update issue related to a SharpCap version 3.2.6480 and the QHY SDK bundled into this update.

The cited initial problem is as documented in...
https://forums.sharpcap.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3799

Dr. Robin Glover conclusion is that sadly QHY introduced this problem in the February SDK update.
And, that I should post the issue to the QHYCCD forum.
Sincerely,
Mark
diligentskies@outlook.com
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 04:45:55 PM by diligentskies »

Yuki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 08:55:21 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I will report the issue to software engineer.

Best Regards