QHYCCD

Cannot connect to CFW3 filter via 4-pin connector and QHY 268M

Hello,

​​I have a new QHY 268M  and a CFW3 filter wheel. I used to use the filter wheel with cameras from other manufacturers using the USB cable and ASCOM driver. I am attempting to connect the filter wheel via the 4-pin direct connection to the camera. Neither NINA nor Sharpcap can open the filter wheel ASCOM driver.

I have installed the latest All-in-one driver package and I can connect to the QHY 268M camera. I have also installed QHYCFW_Setup_V01.10.4.exe. I have set the switch on the filter to wheel to 4-pin interface (green light). I first connect the camera to NINA or Sharpcap, when I then connect the filter wheel ​​I receive an error message and cannot connect.

Can you please let me know how I can use the filter wheel with the 4-pin cable and what drivers if any I need to install?

Thanks,

Luca

Yuki

• View Profile
Re: Cannot connect to CFW3 filter via 4-pin connector and QHY 268M
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 08:05:31 PM »
Hi,

Please select ASCOM driver when installing System Pack.

Best Regards

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 08:27:36 PM »
Hi Yuki,

I have checked the ASCOM option in the All-in-one software package. This is the situation:

1) If I connect the QHY268M in NINA via the ASCOM driver, I can connect the CFW3 filter wheel but the wheel does not change filter position when I select a filter. The filter wheel never moves.

2) If I connect the QHY268M in NINA via the native driver, I cannot even connect the CFW3 filter wheel via the ASCOM driver. Nina gives an error and does not connect.

Would it be possible for a QHY person to take a look via teamviewer?

thanks,

Luca

Yuki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 07:19:34 PM »
Hi,

Yes, we can check the issue by Teamviewer.

Please send ID and passwords to my email : zyq@qhyccd.com

I am online at 9:00-11:00,12:30-16:00, GMT+8, during Monday to Friday.

Best Regards.