QHYCCD

QHY CFW3 firmware source code?

Nico

QHY CFW3 firmware source code?
« on: January 27, 2021, 07:47:52 AM »
Hi,

according to several vendors (e.g. https://agenaastro.com/qhy-3rd-generation-medium-electronic-filter-wheel-ultra-thin-2-or-50mm-round-5-position-qhycfw3m-us5.html), the QHY CFW3 should have an "open source, Arduino-compatible firmware". However, I cannot find anywhere the firmware source code (not the hex file). Is it really open source? In case, could someone point me to the sources?

Thanks a lot!

Yuki

• View Profile
Re: QHY CFW3 firmware source code?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 07:26:07 PM »
we can send the source code to you.

Can you tell me what do you want to do with the code?

Best Regards

Nico

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 12:35:45 AM »
Thanks a lot! My CFW3 filter wheel does not position the filters in a reproducible way. I want to add rotational offsets in order to solve the problem. I have already coded my Arduino controlled filter wheel and the positioning was extremely good, so I want to use the same approach with the CFW3. I will of course share my code with QHY.

Nico
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 12:37:26 AM by Nico »

Yuki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 07:18:48 PM »
Did you receive my email?

Nico

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 02:53:31 PM »
Thanks Yuki, I have received your email.

I will send you back a modified firmware file as soon as I test it on my CFW3.

Best,

Nico

Nico

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 12:59:30 AM »
Hi Yuki,

I have sent you a modified firmware and my comments per email: please let me know if you have received it, and if there is a more recent firmware version available I could have access to.

Thanks,

Nico

Nico

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 07:45:06 AM »
Hi again,

did you have a chance to give a look at my modified firmware? If I could have access to a more recent version of the CFW firmware I could try to modify it while maintaining the option to control the filter wheel from a QHY camera.

Please let me know,

Nico