QHYCCD

ONE page for drivers etc.

Re: ONE page for drivers etc.
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2021, 01:52:19 PM »
Mauro,
My suggestions are to leave the RGB settings on the camera alone.  The default settings provided by the driver are fine.  I shoot all of my LIGHTs, FLATs, BIAS, DARKs etc at 1x1 binning.  Once you have a stacked result you can determine if binning is needed.  If you bin your flats at 2x2 then everything else has to be binned 2x2.  Don't be thinking about saving disk space.  If you are running out of disk space then consider buying an external USB drive and pull all the files you don't immediately need onto it.

Peter

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2021, 01:44:01 PM »
Hi,
    I need report these to Dr.Qiu,thanks for the feedback.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

QinXiaoXu,
Has there been any progress on the issues raised here?

Best Regards,
Peter

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2021, 07:23:47 PM »
Hi,
    I asked this issue to Dr.Qiu,he has not reply me,when he reply me,I will let you know.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2021, 11:37:24 PM »
Hi,
    Dr.Qiu has assigned this work to my colleague,he is modifying driver and SDK now.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2021, 03:00:00 PM »
QinXiaoXu,
Has your colleague been able to modify the driver and SDK?

Best Regards,
Peter

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2021, 07:13:57 PM »
Hi,
    He is modifying it,but because of end of year,the process will be a little slow.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2021, 10:58:46 AM »
QinXiaoXu,
Anything new to report concerning updates to the driver and SDK for the QHY294C?

Peter

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2021, 07:27:09 AM »
QinXiaoXu,
Anything new to report concerning updates to the driver and SDK for the QHY294C?

Peter

I have abandoned it for now - They are probably doing it now - I personally guess a couple of weeks !

Bad weather any way ...

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2021, 07:14:08 PM »
Hi,
    I'm not very known about the process,I go back here from holiday just now.Maybe you can contact him directly,his email is my@qhyccd.com.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2021, 10:08:15 PM »
QinXiaoXu,
No problem. I just decided to send you a reminder every two weeks.  Let us know what his plans are.

Peter

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2021, 06:23:06 AM »
Hello,

In next SDK / system release (should be about one week) We will change all of the QHY294C stuff (system driver and SDK code ) to the same with QHY294C-PRO.  The only different is it has no 47MP mode. I think this should solve something in this topic.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2021, 12:34:33 PM »
Qiu Hongyun,
That's wonderful news.  Thank-you for your efforts...they are greatly appreciated.

Peter

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2021, 09:31:34 AM »
Hello,

...  The only different is it has no 47MP mode...

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
???

Hi
Do you mean owners of the QHY294c which have the Firmware modified as QHY294PROC will 'not' be able to use the 47M ?

I hope not, as I 'specifically' purchased this camera 'knowing' - as you stated on your website - that it can be unlocked to be able to use the 47M.

In my case as per many others I guess, the 'main' reason I purchased it [very much being debt for it] was because of the Unlock and be able to use it with short 'and' long focal length telescopes I have.

I sincerely hope you get it to work 'very' soon.

Regards
M

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2021, 11:46:51 AM »
Hi,

I've just tested the 2021.02.25 driver release which was supposed to fix all problems (?) with the 294C (non pro version) which were discussed here.

Unfortunately the gain issue described in my reply #30 on december 30th isn't fixed:
When I increase the gain setting at a given flat panel brightness the histogram is moving to the right as expected but somewhere above 2000 gain it still jumps all the way back to the left as if there is a kind of wrap around or overflow.
According to the specs the 294C should work with gain settings up to around 3500, but it seems to fall back to 0 above 2000.

I can reproduce this issue with the latest ShaprCap Version 3.2.6480.0 no matter if I connect with the native driver or with the Ascom driver. And even with EZCAP this behaviour can easily be oberved.

It's very frustrating that these problems don't get fixed.
The drop in the gain will for example prevent a succesful sensor analysis in SharpCap as another user here already described.

I'm very disapointed that there is still no driver without issues for this camera.
I've spent 1000 Euro for it and I think it's justified to expect that QHYCCD provides flawless drivers for this product?

best regards
Bernd

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2021, 01:51:17 AM »
Hi,

I've just tested the 2021.02.25 driver release which was supposed to fix all problems (?) with the 294C (non pro version) which were discussed here.

Unfortunately the gain issue described in my reply #30 on december 30th isn't fixed:
When I increase the gain setting at a given flat panel brightness the histogram is moving to the right as expected but somewhere above 2000 gain it still jumps all the way back to the left as if there is a kind of wrap around or overflow.
According to the specs the 294C should work with gain settings up to around 3500, but it seems to fall back to 0 above 2000.

I can reproduce this issue with the latest ShaprCap Version 3.2.6480.0 no matter if I connect with the native driver or with the Ascom driver. And even with EZCAP this behaviour can easily be oberved.

It's very frustrating that these problems don't get fixed.
The drop in the gain will for example prevent a succesful sensor analysis in SharpCap as another user here already described.

I'm very disapointed that there is still no driver without issues for this camera.
I've spent 1000 Euro for it and I think it's justified to expect that QHYCCD provides flawless drivers for this product?

best regards
Bernd

Bernd,

You must use the latest drivers AND the new SDK. It works fine for me at least.

Use the Allinone Driver 210226. At the bottom of the website.
https://www.qhyccd.com/html/prepub/log_en.html#!log_en.md

Marcel