QHYCCD

ONE page for drivers etc.

Re: ONE page for drivers etc.
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2021, 05:17:02 AM »
... and this is at 47M - exposure 1.18ms

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2021, 05:19:02 AM »
Not done any Flats or Darks with this re-install.

I will wait for release of 47M RGB ... and maybe if weather and time permits it, I might even try it on a AR152/988 as 11M

« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 07:39:15 AM by QHYceced »

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2021, 09:11:19 AM »
QHYceced,
When I did my testing of my QHY294C (no firmware update) the whitebalance values were all set to 16. I use my own custom software and it uses the default values provided in the QHY driver.  I know that within the last year I had posted to Robin at Sharpcap about his program changing the whitebalance values to 64 which he corrected.  It may be that this same problem has creeped back in because of the new camera designation.  I suspect that if you modified the whitebalance values back to 16 you will see that the spikeyness of the histogram will go away.  Also the image will be darker by the ratio of 16:120.

QHY needs to confirm that the default whitebalance values for a QHY294PROC are 16 and not 120.

Can you post an 47M image where you deselect the debayer preview.  When Sharpcap provides the debayer preview it is assuming the classic bayer pattern which is not true for the 47M image.  At present, the 47M image is a greyscale image.

Peter
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 09:17:29 AM by pmwolsley »

« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2021, 07:39:09 PM »
Hi,
    I asked this to my colleague,he told me now the default calue is 120.
    And for QHYceced,yes,we will developing it as soon as possible,please wait some time.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2021, 10:46:22 AM »
QHYceced,
Can you put up a 47M image you took during the daytime...maybe of your neighbor's roof. It will be huge so if you could put it up on dropbox or something similar and post a link to it here.

I would love to take a look at it.  Use the 120 whitebalance values as per QinXiaoXu.

Many thanks

Peter

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2021, 09:28:50 AM »
QHYceced,
Can you put up a 47M image you took during the daytime...maybe of your neighbor's roof. It will be huge so if you could put it up on dropbox or something similar and post a link to it here.

I would love to take a look at it.  Use the 120 whitebalance values as per QinXiaoXu.

Many thanks

Peter

There it is - .TIFF , Debayer off, 16 RGB set - I have to say it did clear the Histograms - not talking about the spikes which went away with Debayer off, but the fact at 16 RGB it is a clear nice wave!

I have done a TIFF ~60Mb - while a FIT would have been ~91M and not visible on browsers.

That OK?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxv7xk2t2bep2xn/2021-03-11-1523_3-Capture_00001.tif?dl=0

Might be a bit dark.

This is a second one but RGB at 30 - I think I remember to ave read of people using it at 30 !
It seems 30 is the limit before wave start to be noisy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvezoi157oa3chp/2021-03-11-1533_7-Capture_00002.tif?dl=0

Please note, although I am an Electronics Technician, I do not know much on Optics and Cameras - be gentle with me, please.
 ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 09:36:55 AM by QHYceced »

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2021, 01:39:56 PM »
QHYceced,
Thanks very much for your images.  I can clearly see the quad bayer pattern in the data when you zoom in on the data.  The dark spots are the clusters of red pixels. I also looked at the individual data and my bet is that the correct whitebalance value for your camera is 16 in 47M mode. Here is my reasoning.

When the QHY294PROC generates a 47M image it does this using a 12b A/D converter.  QHY scales this data up so that it fills the full 16b.  This results in the data being multiplied by 16. The A/D converter generates values that increase as 0, 1, 2, 3, 4... The corresponding values in the image file increase as 0, 16, 32, 48, 64...  This only happens when the whitebalance parameters are set to the default values.  The values in the first image 2021-03-11-1523_3-Capture_00001.tif increase by 16.  This is the image where you said the whitebalance values were set to 16.

When I look at the second image you sent the values increase by a modulated amount.  Most of the values increase by 32 but every seventh value increases by 16. This happens when the whitebalance values are increased above their default values. For this second image you said that the whitebalance value was set to 30.

If you set the whitebalance to something less than 16 you will find that the values continue to increase by 16 because this is the minimum change allowed for a 12b camera.  If you switch back to 11M mode the A/D converter is operating in 14b mode.  In 14b mode the minimum allowed change drops to 4.

So, my opinion is that the default whitebalance value for the QHY294PROC is 16 regardless of whether the camera is operating in 11M or 47M mode. 16 is also the default whitebalance value for the QHY294C.  Hopefully QHY will confirm this.

Peter
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 01:41:40 PM by pmwolsley »

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2021, 07:08:42 PM »
Hi,
    Well,here is a thing I need inquire,did you update QHY294C camera's FPGA to QHY294PROC?If not,it will only have one read mode(11MP),although you can seem to read mode on SharpCap.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2021, 08:44:40 AM »
QinXiaoXu,
I have not had the FPGA updated for my QHY294C.  When I use Sharpcap with the latest all-in-one drivers and SDK there are two mode available in Sharpcap.  They are 11M and NOT EXIST.  I never bothered testing whether the camera would function in the NOT EXIST mode.  If you study the screen captures from QHYceced you can tell that he is able to select a 47M mode for his camera so Sharpcap believes that QHYceced's camera supports the 47M mode.

Peter

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2021, 12:27:00 PM »
QHYceced,

I invented a very simple custom bayer scheme for the 47M images.  It certainly is not perfect but it might be a way for QHY294PROC owners to begin experimenting with 47M images. I converted your 47M TIFF images into FITS images and used Deep Sky Stacker(DSS) to display the resulting images.  I zoomed in to a very stylish bird poop in your image of the neighbor's roof.

47M Original.jpg
This is what your original image looks like.  DSS does not understand the custom bayer pattern in 47M images so you end up with a checkboard pattern on a grey image.  The darker squares of pixels are the red pixels.

47M Custom Bayer.jpg
This is what this same close-up looks like using my custom bayer algorithm. My algorithm just shuffles the pixels around to achieve a standard RGGB bayer pattern.  Every red pixel in the original is treated as a red pixel in the custom bayer image.  This is also true for the green and for the blue pixels. The image is not perfect but if several astro images were stacked, the result might have smooth transitions.

47M Legend.jpg
This is what the entire image looks like using my custom bayer algorithm.  The arrow points to the stylish bird poop.

Peter

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2021, 08:52:08 PM »
Hi,
    I asked balance default value to my colleague,he told me,47MP mode has not be developed,so 47MP has no defalut RGB value.And I checked the source code,the RGB default value is 16,not 120.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2021, 08:33:38 AM »
QHYceced,

Here is what the histogram looks like with my custom bayer algorithm.

Peter

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2021, 09:45:12 AM »
Hi,
    I asked balance default value to my colleague,he told me,47MP mode has not be developed,so 47MP has no defalut RGB value.And I checked the source code,the RGB default value is 16,not 120.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

OK, Sharpcap loads 294PROC at 120 ... so Sharpcap must have reverted to older wrong settings - it was fixed in a earlier stable version

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2021, 09:48:26 AM »
QHYceced,

I invented a very simple custom bayer scheme for the 47M images.  ...

47M Custom Bayer.jpg
This is what this same close-up looks like using my custom bayer algorithm. My algorithm just shuffles the pixels around to achieve a standard RGGB bayer pattern.  Every red pixel in the original is treated as a red pixel in the custom bayer image.  This is also true for the green and for the blue pixels. The image is not perfect but if several astro images were stacked, the result might have smooth transitions.

47M Legend.jpg
This is what the entire image looks like using my custom bayer algorithm.  The arrow points to the stylish bird poop.

Peter

Interesting ...

I did manage to get 'some' imaging with Moon and clouds in a very difficult household - at present, I cannot get anything done! ahahhahaa

I am trying to see what the results are and I was a bit confused to see the RED very much to the left - if I am not wrong. I cannot do things properly = as mentioned I am no expert on optics or colorimetry.

I will see what I get out - mine is a 294PROC by the way ...

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2021, 09:50:47 AM »
QHYceced,

Here is what the histogram looks like with my custom bayer algorithm.

Peter

I think it confirms what I thought I had seen ... I am waiting for a few clear HOURS to test a bit.
I purchased this camera as my last camera [!] prior to retirement in a few years - never say last camera in Astronomy!
 ;D

See Histograms images from SER Player of 3 Moon videos I've got done yesterday - to give an idea of what was coming out ...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 10:07:37 AM by QHYceced »