QHYCCD

ONE page for drivers etc.

Re: ONE page for drivers etc.
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2021, 09:28:07 AM »
Hi Marcel,

thanks for the hint, I didn't notice the all-in-one package at the bottom of the page.
Since the SDK 21.02.01 at the top of the page matched the qhyccd.dll version 21.2.1 of SharpCap 3.2.6480.0  I supposed I was at the latest SDK version. But you are right, the sdk in the all-in-one package 21.02.26 is newer.

So I uninstalled everything and reinstalled from the 21.02.26 all-in-one package.

I'm happy to report that the gain issue above 2000 is now solved for me and there isn't any histogram clamping as with the old stable driver.

My apologies to QHYCCD for my unjustified criticism.

One thing is very strange though:
With the old drivers I had a maximum frame size of 4164 x 2796 pixel in SharpCap which matches the specification on the QHYCCD website for the 294C.

With the 21.02.26 driver SharCap captures at 4164 x 2822 and there is no entry for 4164 x 2796 in the dropdown.
It seems that a vertical overscan area is included?
In video mode the entire frame seems to have valid data while in still mode there is a black border at the bottom and (!) at the right side.

bst regards
Bernd

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2021, 07:21:12 PM »
Hello,

...  The only different is it has no 47MP mode...

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
???

Hi
Do you mean owners of the QHY294c which have the Firmware modified as QHY294PROC will 'not' be able to use the 47M ?

I hope not, as I 'specifically' purchased this camera 'knowing' - as you stated on your website - that it can be unlocked to be able to use the 47M.

In my case as per many others I guess, the 'main' reason I purchased it [very much being debt for it] was because of the Unlock and be able to use it with short 'and' long focal length telescopes I have.

I sincerely hope you get it to work 'very' soon.

Regards
M
Hi,
    Don't worry,this update will not lock 47MP mode for QHY294C,you still can update it to QHY294PROC.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2021, 07:25:03 PM »
Hi Marcel,

thanks for the hint, I didn't notice the all-in-one package at the bottom of the page.
Since the SDK 21.02.01 at the top of the page matched the qhyccd.dll version 21.2.1 of SharpCap 3.2.6480.0  I supposed I was at the latest SDK version. But you are right, the sdk in the all-in-one package 21.02.26 is newer.

So I uninstalled everything and reinstalled from the 21.02.26 all-in-one package.

I'm happy to report that the gain issue above 2000 is now solved for me and there isn't any histogram clamping as with the old stable driver.

My apologies to QHYCCD for my unjustified criticism.

One thing is very strange though:
With the old drivers I had a maximum frame size of 4164 x 2796 pixel in SharpCap which matches the specification on the QHYCCD website for the 294C.

With the 21.02.26 driver SharCap captures at 4164 x 2822 and there is no entry for 4164 x 2796 in the dropdown.
It seems that a vertical overscan area is included?
In video mode the entire frame seems to have valid data while in still mode there is a black border at the bottom and (!) at the right side.

bst regards
Bernd
Hi,
    This update is update QHY294C,make it has same function with QHY294PROC's 11MP mode.So its image resolution is same with QHY294PROC.
    I think I need let my colleague know this and modify website information.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2021, 11:34:08 AM »
Hi QinXiaoXu,

Don't worry,this update will not lock 47MP mode for QHY294C,you still can update it to QHY294PROC.

How can I upgrade my 294C to 294PROC ?
Is there a firmware Update and instructions how to do that ?

thanks and best regards
Bernd

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2021, 07:17:59 PM »
Hi QinXiaoXu,

thanks and best regards
Bernd
Hi,
    This need update FPGA,more details you can contact cha@qhyccd.com.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2021, 10:46:16 AM »
QinXiaoXu,
I have E-mailed Cha requesting information about the QHY294CPRO upgrade. I also asked if this information could be kept on the QHYCCD website so that all QHY294C customers can read it.

Best Regards,
Peter

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2021, 11:03:54 AM »
Hi QinXiaoXu,

thanks and best regards
Bernd
Hi,
    This need update FPGA,more details you can contact cha@qhyccd.com.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

OK

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2021, 11:41:08 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

This camera is becoming a farce now!

The main problem is in the title of this thread!!!

Installed QHYCCD_Win_AllInOne.21.02.26.18 and nothing works ...

Seriously thinking of sending it back ...

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2021, 12:10:18 PM »
No used SharpCap 3.2.6480 (64 bit) and re-installed drivers from QHYCCD_Win_AllInOne.21.02.20.13 ... just the driver.

Back to normal:

1. beautiful colours on 11M and almost dark pointing it to neighbours roof
2. 47M is now very clear but MONO - I never seen Colours on 47M ... ever yet

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2021, 08:04:51 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Well,you mean after updating driver and SDK to newest version,your camera still have issue?
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2021, 03:21:12 AM »
;D ;D ;D

Well,you mean after updating driver and SDK to newest version,your camera still have issue?
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

I mean after re-installing QHYCCD_Win_AllInOne.21.02.20.13 I now am back as it was, but with 47M 'seems' without any lines etc. - very clear, but still MONO and not colour.

Why do we have to endure all this pain since November 2020 to make a camera work as it was supposed to work from the beginning.

I still do not understand why the decision to put the QHY294c and PROC on sale and still did not have a fully working software and drivers.

I would understand tweaks, not continuously modifying it ... I am seriously thinking to change hobby now ... - it is just frustrating to get all these problems after one spends a lot of money expecting to solve most problems ...

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2021, 11:02:07 PM »
Hi,
    Sorry for this,this is because QHY294's 47MP mode used quardbayer,this is a new bayer format,it is hard to analyse data,so we developed QHY294C first when develop 11MP,and publiced the QHY294PROC when developed 47MP mode.And now we are delveloping the new function for quardbayer,this will take some time.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2021, 10:06:57 AM »
I finally had a chance to test the 20210226 AllInOne update and the fullwell limitation issue is fixed.  Here are my findings.

1)I was able to run the Sharpcap 32b sensor analysis and it shows that the camera performs correctly.  The LGC/HGC modes work correctly.  I had to take care when performing the sensor analysis because it would fail right after it tested the read noise characteristic.  You need to watch and when it asks to remove the lens cap you need to do this as quickly as possible otherwise the routine will time-out claiming the exposure time is too large.  I will contact Robin about this issue. The results of this test are shown in [Sharpcap32.jpg].

2)I did some BIAS frames at GAIN=1599 and GAIN=1600.  The drop in mean values and noise are in keeping with the reduction of read noise that happens at GAIN=1600.

3)The fullwell issue originally looked like [10 seconds at GN=1600.jpg] This is what the histogram did look like if an overexposed image were taken.  Now the values are clamped at 65,535 which is perfect.

Thank-you for all your efforts

Peter

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2021, 04:04:10 AM »
Hi,
    Sorry for this,this is because QHY294's 47MP mode used quardbayer,this is a new bayer format,it is hard to analyse data,so we developed QHY294C first when develop 11MP,and publiced the QHY294PROC when developed 47MP mode.And now we are delveloping the new function for quardbayer,this will take some time.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

I understand it takes time doing 'things', but the fact still remains, we unwillingly are the testers now ...

OK ...

Hi
Finally found some free time - do not know for how long!

I did a clean-up and uninstalled everything.
Reinstalled 21.02.26 all-in-one package version.

Device manager detects it as QHY5IIIseries_IO, but Sharpcap BETA 4.0.7438.0 does not see camera - so probably ... too BETA ...!

I see it on 3.2.6480 (64bit) - I copied/pasted QHYCCD files on both versions:

1. pointed to neighbour's roof at 11M, Raw 16, 1x1, Debayer ON - I guess RGGB
2. I see RGB set to 120 - have these setting been changed and made same as ZWO ? Just curious.
3. Set Gain to 1601 and Exposure to 0.592 ms, Temp 0?C

Light is variable as Sun come and goes ...

Here is Sharpcap PrtScr