QHYCCD

ONE page for drivers etc.

Re: ONE page for drivers etc.
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2020, 10:34:21 PM »
QinXiaoXu,
Can you confirm that you can see the same result with the GAIN=3624 (highest possible).  Do you believe that the USB Traffic value affects this issue?

Peter

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2020, 08:18:42 AM »
Regarding the drivers page etc. I mentioned earlier on this thread ... on this page:
https://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=94&id=9&cut=2

I still see old driver.

I noticed today every time I reply in this forums, after posting it I get re-directed to a main page and not back to the same thread.

Just informing you

Mauro
Hi,
    About email unlock issue,you can contact my@qhyccd.com,and the driver download linke is here:https://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=141&id=62&tdsourcetag=s_pctim_aiomsg
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

Hi
Yes, I got the links from Cloudy Nights forums and bookmarked them into a QHYCCD folder.

I also sent you email.

Thanks
M

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2020, 08:24:40 AM »
QinXiaoXu,
I did some testing with https://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/latestSoftAndDirver/Driver/QHYCamerasDriver20201127.zip

While the sensor analysis seems to work better and the video appears more stable I noticed that the .......
New 1599 Again.jpg and New 1600 again.jpg are what my master BIAS frames look like when using these new drivers. Notice that the changes in Mean and Std. Dev. values are very small.

Peter

P.S. I also noticed that the whitebalance parameters are now 16.  My original drivers were setting them to 64 and the 64 value was the correct value.  Now I find that even if I change back to the original drivers the correct values for whitebalance are 16.  This is not a big problem for me but it needs to be documented and users should be made aware of this change.

Out of curiosity, which program did you use for the Histogram?

I also see RGB well aligned!

Just learning ... I am still re-reading this thread and see below other posts now that I found quietness in our house!!!

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2020, 09:27:38 AM »
I have written a program for LIGHT frame calibration specifically for astrophotographers that wish to learn how to use BIAS, FLATs, DARKs and DARKFLAT frames.  Right now I have a google group set-up for my users...
https://groups.google.com/g/calights

Soon I hope to have a website so that it is easier for potential users to find my app

Peter

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2020, 07:38:49 PM »
QinXiaoXu,
Can you confirm that you can see the same result with the GAIN=3624 (highest possible).  Do you believe that the USB Traffic value affects this issue?

Peter
    Yes,I checked gain=3624,traffic=0 just now,I can see histogram have change when setup 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 ~ 3.0 ms.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2020, 08:55:26 AM »
I have written a program for LIGHT frame calibration specifically for astrophotographers that wish to learn how to use BIAS, FLATs, DARKs and DARKFLAT frames.  Right now I have a google group set-up for my users...
https://groups.google.com/g/calights

Soon I hope to have a website so that it is easier for potential users to find my app

Peter

Thanks!

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2020, 10:15:35 AM »
QinXiaoXu,
I did some testing and found that 0.1 increments in exposure times is more predictable when USB traffic =0.  This is true for all gains and for USB3 or USB2 connections.  As I increased USB Traffic I found that 0.1 increments were not always possible.  Sometimes an increment would not have an effect but the next increment would have an effect.

For using the SharpCap sensor analysis, QHY294C (non Pro version) users should set the USB Traffic to zero.

Peter

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2020, 08:12:14 AM »
Just adding something else ...I understand this is a working progress ... I am still waiting to get ONE night - at least 4 clear sky hours in northern UK ... pfff

Robin [SharpCap] confirms Sensor Analysis is weird:

https://forums.sharpcap.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3081&sid=3989c15507c01dc06ff3710a927d7d0e&start=20

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2020, 07:17:48 PM »
QinXiaoXu,
I did some testing and found that 0.1 increments in exposure times is more predictable when USB traffic =0.  This is true for all gains and for USB3 or USB2 connections.  As I increased USB Traffic I found that 0.1 increments were not always possible.  Sometimes an increment would not have an effect but the next increment would have an effect.

For using the SharpCap sensor analysis, QHY294C (non Pro version) users should set the USB Traffic to zero.

Peter
    Yes,I got the same result,I think I need add this to Q&A or camera's manual to let people know it when use camera.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2020, 06:51:51 AM »
This fullwell capacity issues causes all the pixel values to be limited to a mean value of 48,000 counts with a bell curve distribution of possible values.  When this fullwell capacity issue is happening it is impossible to achieve a pixel value close to maximum (65,534).  I also checked that the read noise for the camera is dropping when I use GAIN=1600 so I believe that the LGC/HGC logic is working correctly.

Hi Peter,

I ran into the same problem with the full well clamping when taking flat frames at 1700 gain with my QHY294C (non pro version) the other day.

I got aware of the problem when I used the flats calibration wizard of SGP and it always recommended a 5 sec (!) exposure no matter how bright my flat panel was.

So I had a closer look at this strange behaviour using the latest Sharp Cap Version 3.2.6457.0 and the driver contained in the stable all-in-one system pack (20.06.26.36).

It is clearly visible in the attached screenshots, that while the 0.5 sec exposure histogram is okay, the 2 sec exposure histogram taken with the same flat panel brightness is faulty. On a side note: The uneven channels in the okay histogram are due to the fact that the flats are taken through a Baader UHC filter.

I've tested the latest driver 2020.12.28 and this doesn't show the full well clamping. But it has another problem, because the gain settings above around 2000 don't work as expected, the camera seems to switch back to 0 gain above 2000 or so.

Another user in this thread reported, that the SharpCap sensor analysis also looks weird with this driver and I can confirm this:
With the 20.06.26.36 driver, I've never manged to succesfully finish the SharpCap sensor analysis.
With the 2020.12.28 driver, the sensor analysis succeeded but my joy was only very short. The read noise curve is increasing with a huge step about 2000 gain, as if the gain is set back to 0.
This can also be observed when looking at the histogram in SharpCap while sliding the gain control gently to the right side: The histrogram is also moving to the right side but about 2000 gain it is jumping all the way back to the very left side.

I've also tested this with the beta all-in-one system pack (20.11.29.17) but even this driver already has this probem.

So I switched back to the original stable driver 20.06.26.36 and did some further testing regarding that full-well clamping effect. I've found out that there are two ways to prevent this strange full-well clamping:

1.) setting the USB traffic all the way up, e.g. to  255
2.) leaving the USB traffic at a low value, e.g. 0 but setting the amp glow supression to off.

With either of these setting, the full-well clamping is entirely disapearing for me.

I'm not sure what to do now, I would like two have the best of both worlds/drivers.

The 20.06.26.36 driver has the full-well clamping issue, but the newer drivers 20.11.29.17 and 2020.12.28 have the gain issue above gain 2000.

It seems there isn't a driver for the QHY294C without any issues ?

best regards
Bernd

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2020, 11:42:04 AM »
Bernd,
Thanks for your work-around solutions for the fullwell limiting.  All of these observations help QHYCCD to understand what is going on and to address this issue.  Right now I  am happy that QHY is discussing this issue here and they are offering updates that address specific issues. I believe QHY can solve this issue but it may take a few weeks.  This fullwell limit issue most dramatically affects FLATs and you are now an expert on how this issue behaves. 

The recent drivers released by QHY have QHY294C related bugs.  The QHY5III drivers and the QHYCCD.DLL need to work together and I think this was the issue with the bizarre sensor analysis result.  As I understand it...the LGC/HGC control is thru the QHYCCD.DLL and this code became broken when the QHY5III drivers were updated.  QHY is aware of this issue and the latest versions...
qhyccd.dll 2020/12/11
QHY294C Firmware 2020/12/11
do correct the bizarre sensor analysis except for the fact that the USB Traffic needs to be set to zero so that the analysis can work correctly at the highest camera gain(3624).

The fullwell limitation still exists and I have randomly seen this issue go away but couldn't repeat it.  I will try your workarounds.  It's up to QHY to look at you workarounds and re-code their drivers/dll so that users don't stumble over these issues.

Peter

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2020, 07:26:08 PM »
Hi,
    I need report these to Dr.Qiu,thanks for the feedback.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2021, 09:24:14 AM »
I was just trying to do Flats in-house by using the 'pleb-way' - because of many constrictions I have to try and enjoy this hobby and my limited knowledge!

i.e. just focus on something near the house that is at least 20x FL of camera-telescope setup as suggested by other more expert amateur.

I have a nice chimney at about 25m [AR152 988 x0.8 = ~16m at least. I even tuned focuser a bit more inward remembering my older 178c/m used to focus at around 60mm [on the focuser] - so I set it there and should be very near focus + marked orientation of camera - in case I move it.

Anyway, I am not sure of two things - I have not done any Deep Sky in the last 2-3 years and forgot everything + when I do it, i am not at it for many days...

1. should I leave RGB as is - not doing any adjustment? I used a t-shirt 3-4 times folded over lens + led-light - I know it is blueish generally speaking and I see I could do Flats at ~135ms
2. then I thought lets try at 2x2 - just curious - I like experimenting and see images below 1x1 and 2x2
I could do flats with RGB spot on at ~33ms - Que?
I thought whether I leave it at 1x1 or 2x2 it should not change anything as it is NOT unlocked.

I am confused now!!

Still need some help on the RGB bit - if possible - thanks

Mauro

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 09:29:12 AM by QHYceced »

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2021, 09:38:04 AM »

1. should I leave RGB as is - not doing any adjustment? I used a t-shirt 3-4 times folded over lens + led-light - I know it is blueish generally speaking and I see I could do Flats at ~135ms
2. then I thought lets try at 2x2 - just curious - I like experimenting and see images below 1x1 and 2x2
I could do flats with RGB spot on at ~33ms - Que?
I thought whether I leave it at 1x1 or 2x2 it should not change anything as it is NOT unlocked.

I am confused now!!

Still need some help on the RGB bit - if possible - thanks

Mauro

... and result is - respectively 1x1 and then 2x2:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 09:40:45 AM by QHYceced »

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2021, 09:42:23 AM »
I did clean lens today!

That is why it is nice -   ;)

Shall I keep it in 2x2 ?