QHYCCD

ONE page for drivers etc.

Re: ONE page for drivers etc.
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 07:14:27 PM »
Hi,
    Thanks for your test and feedback,I will let my colleague know this.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 11:05:25 AM »
Some more comments...
-I also noticed that when using the new version of the driver that the sharpcap histograms were much more stable when I was changing the USB Traffic parameter.  With the original version of the driver I noticed that the histograms would vary a huge amount.

-I did some experimenting with taking FLATs and found that my camera appears to be working better.  Originally, if I would take FLATs at GAIN=1600 I had to be careful to avoid exposures yielding pixel values above 70%.  The camera would act as if it was clamping the pixels values due to a limited fullwell capacity. I detailed this issue in a previous post titled "QHY294C LGC/HGC Characteristics".  After I tried this new driver and then went back to the original driver there are two distinct changes in  my camera's behavior...

1)The correct whitebalance value for my camera is now 16...previously it was 64
2)The limited fullwell capacity issue showing up at GAIN=1600 seems to have disappeared.  I can now take FLAT frames at GAIN=1600 at any exposure level.  Pixel levels all the way up to 100% do not show the fullwell capacity issue.  The only exception I saw was when I tried using a USB Traffic value of zero.  This seemed to bring back the fullwell capacity issue.

This fullwell capacity issues causes all the pixel values to be limited to a mean value of 48,000 counts with a bell curve distribution of possible values.  When this fullwell capacity issue is happening it is impossible to achieve a pixel value close to maximum (65,534).  I also checked that the read noise for the camera is dropping when I use GAIN=1600 so I believe that the LGC/HGC logic is working correctly.

Peter

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2020, 09:14:30 PM »
Sorry for my confusion.  The whitebalance parameters for my camera have always been equal to 16.  I got confused with how Sharpcap was originally setting the whitebalance to 64.

Peter

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2020, 07:17:38 PM »
Hi,
    We released a new version driver for QHY294C,it fixed the issue of RGB gain setting,maybe this can help you,you can try it.https://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/latestSoftAndDirver/Driver/QHYCamerasDriver20201212.zip
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2020, 10:18:26 AM »
QinXiaoXu,
Can you explain what the original problem was with RGB gain setting? I was not aware of this issue? I will let you know what improvements I see with this driver update.

I would suggest that the zip file contain a txt file that explains the changes and revision history. This is standard practice for most software developers.

Peter

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2020, 12:55:41 PM »
QinXiaoXu,
I just finished testing https://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/latestSoftAndDirver/Driver/QHYCamerasDriver20201212.zip

The QHY294C driver version is 2020/12/11
I created BIAS frames at GAIN=1599 and 1600.  They are identical and they are identical to my original BIAS frames at GAIN=1599.  This means that my QHY294C is not switching from LGC to HGC at GAIN=1600.  I did not bother testing anything else because this means the low noise features of this camera cannot be accessed with this version of the driver.

Peter

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2020, 07:31:26 PM »
Hi,
    I modified a new version SDK for QHY294,it modified the gain settiing,you can try it.This SDK is 32 bits,you can try it with 32 bits version SharpCap 3.2.
    About RGB issue,it is old version driver can't setup RGB gain correctly.And txt file is available,I will add it at next version.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 04:06:52 PM »
QinXiaoXu,
I performed testing on the latest SDK   qhyccd.dll v2020.12.11  I used QHY294C firmware v2020.12.11
Sharpcap 32b was able to perform the sensor analysis.  I tried using USB3 and USB2 and the analysis worked using both. 

The one problem, which caused the sensor analysis to fail several times, was when it was testing the camera at it's highest gain.  This required the fastest exposure times.  This required the exposure to be adjusted by 0.1mS increments.  The analysis would try 2.1mS and then try 2.2, 2.3,...2.9, 3.0mS.  For all of these exposure times the actual exposure did not change.  It appeared as if the exposure time was not changing.  Once the analysis tried 3.1mS the exposure changed significantly.  This caused the analysis to hunt back and forth.  Most times it would alarm that the exposure was not responding and would stop the analysis.  Randomly it would succeed and continue.

Before I ran the sensor analysis I tried adjusting the USB Traffic.  This dramatically affected the exposure and some times caused the exposure to flip between what appeared to be two vastly different exposures. For the sensor analysis I used a USB Traffic value of 50.

The camera was correctly switching between LGC and HGC.  When I took exposures at GAIN=1600 I noticed that the fullwell limitation at 10,000e- was happening again.  This is easy to repeat.  Just point the camera at a bright wall and take an exposure at GAIN=1600 with an exposure that should cause the camera to saturate.  You should notice that the pixels did not saturate.  A histogram will show that the histogram peaks are at ~48,000 counts.

Peter

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2020, 09:40:35 AM »
I finally managed nearly a week ago to do the Sensor Analysis after I updated driver [although I do not know why it still is the same June 2020 dated file] and got this:

Addition, Robin of SharpCap said it looks odd !

ADDED NEW SENSOR ANALYSIS after further update to latest  camera drivers 22 Dec 2020 ...

Second image below is today ... am I correct the e/ADU has improved at 1500 ? Not an expert ...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:41:50 AM by QHYceced »

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2020, 10:20:41 AM »
Regarding the drivers page etc. I mentioned earlier on this thread ... on this page:
https://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=94&id=9&cut=2

I still see old driver.

Maybe this page should be updated, so one can check there if there are any updates.

Another problem is: QHYCCD software asks you to supply your email when installing to get 6 months more warranty and it 'never' accepts it or at least it seems not to!

It would be nice to have that working and list all those that supplied an email within a database to send 'every' update QHYCCD does to all signed up customers and also would be nice to get an extended 6 months warranty as promised!

I noticed today every time I reply in this forums, after posting it I get re-directed to a main page and not back to the same thread.

Just informing you

Mauro
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 10:22:14 AM by QHYceced »

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »
QinXiaoXu,
I performed testing on the latest SDK   qhyccd.dll v2020.12.11  I used QHY294C firmware v2020.12.11
Sharpcap 32b was able to perform the sensor analysis.  I tried using USB3 and USB2 and the analysis worked using both. 

The one problem, which caused the sensor analysis to fail several times, was when it was testing the camera at it's highest gain.  This required the fastest exposure times.  This required the exposure to be adjusted by 0.1mS increments.  The analysis would try 2.1mS and then try 2.2, 2.3,...2.9, 3.0mS.  For all of these exposure times the actual exposure did not change.  It appeared as if the exposure time was not changing.  Once the analysis tried 3.1mS the exposure changed significantly.  This caused the analysis to hunt back and forth.  Most times it would alarm that the exposure was not responding and would stop the analysis.  Randomly it would succeed and continue.

Before I ran the sensor analysis I tried adjusting the USB Traffic.  This dramatically affected the exposure and some times caused the exposure to flip between what appeared to be two vastly different exposures. For the sensor analysis I used a USB Traffic value of 50.

The camera was correctly switching between LGC and HGC.  When I took exposures at GAIN=1600 I noticed that the fullwell limitation at 10,000e- was happening again.  This is easy to repeat.  Just point the camera at a bright wall and take an exposure at GAIN=1600 with an exposure that should cause the camera to saturate.  You should notice that the pixels did not saturate.  A histogram will show that the histogram peaks are at ~48,000 counts.

Peter
Hi,
    Let us analyse issues,so now the issue is if you use 2020.11.27 version driver and old version SDK,camera can make the sensor analysis work better and the video appears more stable,but can't switch HGC and LGC when gain=1600,and if you use new version(2020.12.11) driver and new version SDK I sent to you,camera can switch HGC and LGC when gain=1600,but will have the issue of exposure changed significantly at 3.1ms and fullwell limitation issue,right?
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2020, 07:42:35 PM »
Regarding the drivers page etc. I mentioned earlier on this thread ... on this page:
https://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=94&id=9&cut=2

I still see old driver.

Maybe this page should be updated, so one can check there if there are any updates.

Another problem is: QHYCCD software asks you to supply your email when installing to get 6 months more warranty and it 'never' accepts it or at least it seems not to!

It would be nice to have that working and list all those that supplied an email within a database to send 'every' update QHYCCD does to all signed up customers and also would be nice to get an extended 6 months warranty as promised!

I noticed today every time I reply in this forums, after posting it I get re-directed to a main page and not back to the same thread.

Just informing you

Mauro
Hi,
    About email unlock issue,you can contact my@qhyccd.com,and the driver download linke is here:https://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=141&id=62&tdsourcetag=s_pctim_aiomsg
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2020, 02:30:52 PM »
QinXiaoXu,

Peter
Hi,
    Let us analyse issues,so now the issue is if you use 2020.11.27 version driver and old version SDK,camera can make the sensor analysis work better and the video appears more stable,but can't switch HGC and LGC when gain=1600,and if you use new version(2020.12.11) driver and new version SDK I sent to you,camera can switch HGC and LGC when gain=1600,but will have the issue of exposure changed significantly at 3.1ms and fullwell limitation issue,right?
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

RIGHT... but... "exposure changed significantly at 3.1mS" should be "exposure can only be changed in 1mS increments. For the sensor analysis to work well the exposure needs to change in 0.1mS increments or smaller".

I experimented at other exposures(1,2,3,4,5,6,7mS) and found that the histogram would only react for 1mS changes.

Peter

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2020, 07:17:43 PM »
Hi,
    Maybe for QHY294C,its minimum exposure step is 1ms,I need inquire this to Dr.Qiu.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2020, 08:00:35 PM »
Hi,
    I inquired this to Dr.Qiu,he told me the minmum exposure of QHY294C is one line period,it is about tens of microseconds,and when I test,if I setup traffic to be 0,I can get change when setup 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5ms.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu