QHYCCD

QHY8 Driver

QHY8 Driver
« on: November 13, 2020, 08:35:21 AM »
Hello,

I am using since 2007 a CP6-CS camera based on QHY8 on windows with CCDCap software under windows with a lot of sucess.
Since one year , I am working on th INDI plateform in order to automized acquisitions.

Unfortunatly, the QHY8 pcamera is not included in the standard LIB delivered by INDI or , seems not working properly ( or no connection ...or if a connexion append, no possibility to change Gain / ofsset/ USB speed ...) .
So I am wondering to see if there any way through the QHYCD SDK for Linux ( Rasbian or Unbutu )  or directly in the QHYCCD package for INdi to rewrite this driver to enable all the functionalities of this camera .

At your disposal for any further informations and thank you in advance for any reply...
JC

ma_rs

Re: QHY8 Driver
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 12:52:07 AM »
You can try to download the linux SDK(20.11.26) and install.
It works on my side

Not sure about older version or other version, it a little hard to install all them to check.

https://www.qhyccd.com/html/prepub/log_en.html#!log_en.md

If you want to try, check kstars version is the same, and new SDK file name and path is correct
(mean /usr/local/lib/libqhyccd.so.20 should link to libqhyccd.so.20.11.26.1)

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 03:12:08 AM »
Thank you mr_rs for your reply,

I apply an uggly method to get the gain/Threshold/USB speed,... I have  recompiled the Indi-qhy 3rd party driver and force the properties to be used when the driver detect an QHY8 camera connected. I not proud of the code have generated for that...! . So I succeed with this hawful method execpt for the binning. Only 1x1 binning is available. So that why I will try to see by SDK there is no better way to solve completely this issue. I have one doubt concerning the package to be used with Raspberry under Rasbien buster. Is it the one for Unbutu/Debian workin ?

Hoping clear sky for the night !
JC 

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 04:05:14 AM »
ma_rs,

A small correction,. is it the release Linux_64, Arm_64 to be used with a Raspberry under rasbian Buster ?
Concerning the hex file that seems to be the key file to solve this issue, there is no way to have the source to generate it or compile it ?

JC

ma_rs

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 12:01:20 AM »
It should be work (check the version in the picture)
You can try this link
A new version will be released this week, mostly improve SDK under Linux

https://www.qhyccd.com/html/prepub/log_en.html#!log_en.md