QHYCCD

Mechanical shutter on CMOS camera please !!

Mechanical shutter on CMOS camera please !!
« on: May 13, 2020, 05:15:46 PM »
I like the new cameras, specially the QHY 600M, but without a shutter, taking darks, bias frames, ... is a pain specially if I want to use it at a remote site.
Do you have any plan on making one with a shutter ?
Or add a trigger port fort an external shutter ? (I have a few 45mm shutter recovered from broken FLI cameras).

Without a shutter I will have to look for a different brand.

Thanks,
Rodolphe
Paramount MX+ / CFF250 F8 RC / Meade Series 5000 102ED APO / Stellarvue SV80ST / ADM MaxGuider
FLI ML-16200 / FLI CFW2-7 / Astrodon Gen II LRGB filters & Ha 5nm filter / ZWO ASI 174MC & 290MM
Pyxis 2" Gen 3 rotator / Mac OS X TheSkyX Pro / AstroImager / Lynkeos
http://www.rti-zone.org/astro.php

ZY

Re: Mechanical shutter on CMOS camera please !!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 01:40:12 AM »
Hi,

We can provide the fuction through the 5pin port on the rear cap of QHY600 PRO or QHY600 EB   (Early Bird Version).

Best Regards
zy

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 03:32:01 PM »
Interesting.
So the shutter trigger should be connected to GND and TrigOut.
What is the output voltage on that pin ? 3.3v ? 6V ?
What does the ShutterMessure pin do? Check for the shutter state ? (Open/Close)
If yes what are the levels, low for open and high for close?  What is the voltage level there too ?
And would this be exposed in the X2 plugin for TheSkyX as a proper shutter function ? (could be enable/disable in the settings dialog)

Paramount MX+ / CFF250 F8 RC / Meade Series 5000 102ED APO / Stellarvue SV80ST / ADM MaxGuider
FLI ML-16200 / FLI CFW2-7 / Astrodon Gen II LRGB filters & Ha 5nm filter / ZWO ASI 174MC & 290MM

ZY

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 08:54:44 PM »

Hi,

The output voltage is 1.8V. The ShutterMessure pin is for measuring mechanical shutter,only for measure the electronic shutter the time of beginning and ending.
Willing to listen to your suggestion, We will add the function in Skyx plugin.

Best Regards!
zy

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:14:45 PM by ZY »

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 12:56:25 PM »
Ok, so 1.8V pin as an input to a LOW/HIGH signal giving the open and close state of the shutter.
I assume the TrigOut is also 1.8V (easy to use a level shifter to then drive 3.3V, 5V or more via a MOSFET to open/close the shutter).
Is the TrigOut just a pulse or is it set to a specific level (low or high) for the duration the shutter need to remain open ?
The main goal is to open the shutter at the beginning of the exposure and close it at the end, with of course some option to leave it open when doing fast imaging as the mechanical shutter can't go as fast a the sensor max speed.
Thanks
Rodolphe

ZY

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 12:44:20 AM »
Hi,

Because  different shutter with different control requirement, so we can comple this function with your demand.

Best Regards!
zy