QHYCCD

QHY695A camera hangs, driver report "value of CCDTemperature is invalid." error

axlns

Hello,
        We are checking the firware code of the QHY695A to see if we can let the camera accpet such a high frequency CFW position acuiqrement . We can repeat this hang issue by send a lot of the CFW positon API calls.  But anyway, we think it is no necesseary to call the CFW positon each twice per seconds.

We will post our code inspect results soon.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

Got it, thanks. I already contacted SGP author and he is not willing to change his code at least I was not able to convince him, he said that this is driver issue and should be fixed at your side. He said that ASCOM standard does not limit number of camera API calls, so he is not doing anything wrong standard-wise. So I hope you?ll be able to find and fix the reason of this error. Thanks

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello,

Yes I think we can solve this . It looks that we need to modify the firmware of  QHY695A to allow a very fast call of the getCFWStatus .  Doing it now and just waiting on our news.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun

axlns

Hello,

Yes I think we can solve this . It looks that we need to modify the firmware of  QHY695A to allow a very fast call of the getCFWStatus .  Doing it now and just waiting on our news.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
This is good news. Looking for update from you.

Just FYI, for now camera keep hanging even with the new SDK you posted above.

Thanks for your work on fixing this.

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello ,

We may need a test enviorment to confirm if our modifcation take actions. Can you tell me how often that you meet the camera hang issue. If we can easy to repeat in your computer?  We did some test software and want to run it.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun

axlns

Hello ,

We may need a test enviorment to confirm if our modifcation take actions. Can you tell me how often that you meet the camera hang issue. If we can easy to repeat in your computer?  We did some test software and want to run it.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
its not easy to repeat. I dont know exact steps, sometimes it can hang after 15 minutes of working; sometimes after 3 hours; sometimes do not hang for entire night. the one pattern I noticed that it usually happens after some period of inactivity; e.g. connect to camera; take some exposures, for 15-30 minutes; then keep it connected but idle for 30-60 minutes; and then try to take exposures again, sometimes under these conditions it hangs and I need to go outside to my telescope to turn it off and then on to continue using camera

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello,

I did a test software that can test this issue. Can you make a remote desktop that we can connect to it and try it?

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun

axlns

Hello,
        I did a test software that can test this issue. Can you make a remote desktop that we can connect to it and try it?
Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

Hello, yes, I can do this. Will TeamViewer work for you?
How should I sent you credentials?
Should I just keep camera connected and turned on all the time?

Yes. And do you have a remote 12V power on/off for the QHY695A? The camera can do the remotely USB reconnect with power on/off the 12V so if the camera need remote I can use it .

We use the teamview to do the remote assistant. You can send me PM for the authrioty info.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:32:08 am by QiuHY »

axlns

Yes. And do you have a remote 12V power on/off for the QHY695A? The camera can do the remotely USB reconnect with power on/off the 12V so if the camera need remote I can use it .

We use the teamview to do the remote assistant. You can send me PM for the authrioty info.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

Hello. I'm not sure how you can remotely power on or power off this camera. it has physical power on/off switch. I dont know a way to power it on or off remotely. is it possible?

anyway, I sent you PM with teamviewer access details; and I keep camera powered on and connected for now.