QHYCCD

QHY294C cooling ON at start-up.

QHY294C cooling ON at start-up.
« on: February 15, 2020, 09:53:12 PM »
I noticed that when I power up my QHY294C and connect it to my computer that the cooling system comes on immediately.  I don't have any programs running yet!  I have not yet connected the camera to ASCOM.

I want to configure my QHY294C so that the cooling always starts in manual with a cooler power of zero.  I have 10 minutes of work to polar align and calibrate my mount.  I want to use this time to slowly cool the camera.  Your manual for the QHY294C has a section that warns about avoiding thermal shock but your driver makes this impossible.

Peter

ZY

Re: QHY294C cooling ON at start-up.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 12:47:17 AM »
Hi,

After power-on and  connecting with computer, the driver will drive the TEC cooler cooling down to default 0℃.
About your concern about the thermal shock, according to the feedback, there is not bad effect to the CMOS sensor.

Best Regards!
zy

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 04:18:51 PM »
So there is no plan to offer the ability to choose the power-up mode of the cooler?  I cannot choose the set-point temperature at power-up?

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 04:45:29 PM »
Can you explain what this comment means...

4. Improved the temperature control of qhy refrigeration CMOS cameras. Now if the upper computer software is set to - 15 degrees, the temperature control will started after connection.

Does this means that there is a method for not having the temperature control start after connection?

The comment is from the SDK notes  https://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=127&id=162

ZY

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 11:42:53 PM »
Hi,

The fourth item is an announcement for a bug, the expression is not clear. Before this new SDK release ,the certain set temperature 15℃ will lead to the auto control for the TEC is invalid, but if the temperature is not 15℃,the auto control is normal.

I think maybe you can set the temperature value equal to the ambient temperature or set the cooler  off in the setting with the  ascom plugin when you connect with computer  and power-on.

Best Regards!
zy