QHYCCD

QHY 174 M Cool. ASCOM Driver issue and very slow images download

Dear, I recently acquire a QHY 174 M Cool and I realized that:

- ASCOM Drivers don't comunicate very well. ASCOM conection tester says me that it fails to connecto with the QHY Drivers.
- To download an image with any software it takes just double time of exposure time, that is time for exposure and the same time downloading. For example, if I take an image with 60 seconds of exposuere then it takes 60 secosnds more to download. That's no sense.

Thank you

Re: QHY 174 M Cool. ASCOM Driver issue and very slow images download
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 08:35:51 PM »
Hi,
    Which version ASCOM do you use?And what software do you use?Did you test with  EZCAP_Qt?
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 02:42:10 PM »
Hello QinXiaoXu, thank you for your inerest.

I'm using ASCOM 6.4 SP1.

Software for capturing -- > SGP.

When I'm capturing an image of XXX seconds, once the image is captured then the software takes XXX seconds more for downloading. For instance, a photo with 60 seconds of exposure takes 60 seconds of exposure itself and 60 seconds more for downloading.

I tried also with EXCAP_QT and SharpCap. With SharpCap, sometimes, it runs well. That is, I realized that in SharpCap, if the Amp Noise Reduction (ANR) is enabled, only the first image is stopped and I must wait an extra time for downloading again. It seems the camera is doing any kind of internal calibration (dark?). Once the first image is calibrated next images run with expected time, just with exposure time. If I change any parameter as Gain, temp or time, then a new calibration seems be done, waiting an aditional time again. With ANR dissabled no waiting time is expected in any case. This is a feature that I can control in SharpCap, however it cannot be changed with pure ASCOM driver, like SGP. It seems that with ASCOM driver, the ANR is enabled by default and it calibrates itself every taked photo

Regards.

Miguel
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 03:09:17 PM by maalmela@gmail.com »

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 08:45:00 PM »
    Yes,AMPV function need a few seconds to start,but it seem strange about slow download,I will check it with SGP and SharpCap.And did you try use different USB cable or USB port to check it?Did you connect camera by USB3.0?Is you connect camera directly or by HUB?
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 01:29:53 PM »
Thank you, please check with SGP first.

I tried with SharpCap and also with EZCAP_Qt and it seems running well. The first taked image needs to wait for a calibration or something like that. Once the first image is taken everything goes ok. Unfortunately it does not happen with SGP. It seems SGP is calibrating every image. It's very annoying.

I tried with HUB, without it, USB 3.0, wifi enabled, disabled, the same with bluetooth... looking for any interference but nothing happens.

I have no more software to test. I don't know if this issue is also in MAXIM DL, Nebulosity or others.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 08:20:23 PM »
    OK,I will test with SGP first,and if you have MDL or Nebulosity,you also can try it.In the same,I also will test it with MDL and Nebulosity.About different result between SharpCap and SGP,it is because of camera work mode,camera is work on Live mode on SharpCap and Single mode on SGP,MDL,Nebulosity.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 10:18:26 PM »
Hi,
    I tested with SGP and MDL5,and I get different result from two software,in SGP,if I capture long expose time images directly,the SGP will hung,but MDL5 didn't have this issue.But if I capture a short expose time image first,for example 1s,after that I I capture long expose time images,the SGP will not hung and can download image immediately.Maybe you can try to capture a short expose time image first to check this issue.And here is a thing please note,please don't use the newest version SDK(20190408),this version SDK seem has some issue,it will make SGP or MDL crash.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 12:55:37 PM »
Bad news. This trick doesn't run in my laptop. Always the first image, 1s or long exposure time image downloads inmediatly, rest of the series not. In SharpCap is just opposite, the first I must to wait, the rest download inmediatly. Waiting for fix this issue in SGP next Drivers release.

On the other hand, I don't know what is the SDK, Is it important? Do I need to do anything about SDK? I downloaded SDK zip file but I don't know what to do.

Thank you

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 08:14:58 PM »
Hi,
    About SDK,in fact,it is a library which named qhyccd.dll.The software or ASCOM plug-in rely this library.If you use ASCOM,it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ASCOM\Camera,if you use SharpCap 3.2,it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\SharpCap 3.2.You can download SDK on https://www.qhyccd.cn/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=143&id=168
    And a thing I forget to confirm,which version all in one ASCOM plug-in do you use?
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 01:52:37 AM »
Ok, but I can see several folders and files in SDK zip file:

- include
- Nodebugoutput
- Withdebugoutput

Inside this folders I find more folders like x86 x64, and inside this folders I can find some files: qhyccd.dll and more. That is, I can find more than one file with same name in different folders. Wich qhyccd.dll I shall rewrite in my Laptop. In other words, How I shall install this drivers?

About ASCOM plug-in all in one I'll tell you later. I don't know, now. I installed the software that is in the CD included in the box.

Thank you

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 04:50:54 PM »
Please, I need your instructions. I don't know what to do. SDK zip file includes three folders with many options. Is there any instruction? There isn't any setup or exe file. Wich files shall I install and where? All about SDK is confusing. I used to install via executable files, not deleting or copying any files in other folders. I'm not  understanding neither web instruction nor your instructions. You are talking about qhycdd.dll but if I download the SDK zip files there are more than one qhyccd.dll and more files else....All of that is so confusing.

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 04:52:32 PM »
Obviously SGP still not running correctly... :-\

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 05:10:47 PM »
News. I tried in SharpCap 3.2 32 bit with ASCOM driver and tachaaaaan! the same. First image ok, second and rest.... wait, wait, wait,....zzzzz,zzzzz,zzzzz,..... It's clearly an ASCOM driver issue. SDK qhyccd.dll copied in sharpcap folders (only this file from Nodebug x86, no ask me why this option, remind no instructions gave me)

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2019, 08:32:39 PM »
Hi,
    Sorry for my late reply,it seem I have get off work when you ask question because of time difference.
    About qhyccd.dll files,there are four qhyccd.dll totally,there are two files in NoDebugOutput folder,and two files in WithDebugOutput folder,the qhyccd.dll in WithDebugOutput can output debug information when you use it but the qhyccd.dll in NoDebugOut can't,and each folder contain two qhyccd.dll files,them is 32 bits qhyccd.dll files and 64 bits qhyccd.dll.ASCOM and SharpoCap use 32 bits qhyccd.dll.
    But it seem change qhyccd.dll can't solve your issue,if you don't mind,could we set a time to do remote control at next week?I think remote control can make me know more details.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 03:07:17 AM »
Thank you very much for your help! Yes we can arrange a telecall via teamviewer, of course. Howerver we need to meet the hour and day. What time are you available? Take into account different hour. Now, in Spain is GMT+2. 6 hours later than China.