QHYCCD

how to get a higher fps on linux

how to get a higher fps on linux
« on: March 15, 2019, 02:09:37 AM »
Hi All:
I'm working on a software which will get the live frame of QHYCCD camera on linux. My camera type is QHY5P-IIC.
When I set the resolution of frame to 2592 x 1944, the fps is lower than 1. As a contrast, I use EZPlanetary on Windows to get live frame with same computer and same camera, the fps can reach 5-6 with high speed readout enabled.
I want to know is there any way to increase the fps on linux, or how to enable high speed readout function with QHYCCD SDK. (I have set the CONTROL_USBTRAFFIC to 3 on my software, same as the EZPlanetary, but it seems have no effect).

Re: how to get a higher fps on linux
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 08:31:43 PM »
Hi,
    Because of CPU,it is not fixed that usbtraffic lower and fps higher,you need adjust it to find a suitable setting.
    And you can set SPEED by SetQHYCCDParam(camhandle,CONTROL_SPEED,value),it value is 0,1,2,and 2 is fast.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 09:15:31 AM »
Thank you very much!
    I tried to set the parameter of CONTROL_SPEED and it worked, but it only have effect on the resolution of 2048x1536, the fps increase from 4-5 to 9-10. When I set the resolution to 2592x1944 fps still lower than 1.
    In 2592x1944 condition, if the CONTROL_SPEED is set to 2, sometimes GetQHYCCDLiveFrame function will always return -1, and I will never get the frame.
    I develop the software on VMware ubuntu16.04, will it be the virtual machine limits the fps?

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 08:27:21 PM »
Thank you very much!
    I tried to set the parameter of CONTROL_SPEED and it worked, but it only have effect on the resolution of 2048x1536, the fps increase from 4-5 to 9-10. When I set the resolution to 2592x1944 fps still lower than 1.
    In 2592x1944 condition, if the CONTROL_SPEED is set to 2, sometimes GetQHYCCDLiveFrame function will always return -1, and I will never get the frame.
    I develop the software on VMware ubuntu16.04, will it be the virtual machine limits the fps?
Hi,
    Sorry,I'm not sure if it is because of virtual machine,I only test it real linux machine.
    About your fps issue,well,it is strange,I remembered it is no influence about resolution normally,did you test this issue on windows?
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 03:11:44 AM »
Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply, I set up the windows development environment yesterday.
    I run the same program on windows, and it can get 3-4 fps at max resolution. Maybe the problem on linux really caused by virtual machine.

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 08:12:34 PM »
Hi,
    Maybe it is,but I didn't test on virtual device,I afraid I can't give you effective advice,sorry.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu