QHYCCD

QHY5ii with windows10

QHY5ii with windows10
« on: December 18, 2018, 05:20:14 PM »
I need help.  I use the QHY5ii as a guide camera.  It has been working fine for a long time with my old Windows 8 laptop.  I just updated to a new Windows 10 laptop and it won't work. 

My new system is:
Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit with an I7 chip, 16GB RAM, and a SSD.

I downloaded the drivers from the QHY website and they seem to have installed properly.  I connect the 5ii camera, and
the laptop makes the "something connected" noise.  Windows shows the camera installed and working properly.  The red light on the back of the camera is lit.  I open Sharpcap and see the QHY5ii camera as an option.  When I select the camera, all I get is a black window.  Sharpcap shows the transfer rate as 0.1 frames per second.  Nothing changes no matter what I set for the exposure time of USB transfer rate.

I have tried:
1) connecting directly to the laptop USB3 port. 
2) connecting directly to the other laptop USB3 port.
3) Connecting through a USB2 powered hub.
4) Using a different USB cable.
5) reinstalling the drivers and rebooting the laptop.
6) Using Firecapture software

Nothing seems to work. 

Does anyone have any thoughts about what else I could try?  I see plenty of people using this camera with Windows 10, but I can't figure it out.

Greg

Re: QHY5ii with windows10
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 07:24:59 PM »
Hi,
    Which version SDK do you use?And did you test it on other system?For example,Windows 7.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 10:43:28 AM »
Sorry.  I think I'm pretty computer smart, but I don't know what you mean by SDK version.  Where can I find that?

And I don't have access to the old computer right now.  I can probably get my hands on it, but not for a couple of days.

Greg

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 07:32:57 PM »
Hi,
    The SDK is in C:/Program Files (x86)/SharpCap,its name is qhyccd.dll,you can check its version from its detail.
    And if you don't mind,I can remote control your computer to check this issue.If you are agree,please install Teamviewer and send a email to me to set a suitable time,my email is qxx@qhyccd.com,my work time is 9:00 am ~ 17:30 pm,I'm in Beijing.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 09:58:13 PM »
It looks like my version is 18.5.2.0.  I'll see if I can find a time to get back with you on the remote issue.