QHYCCD

Driver update and USB extenders

ianB

Driver update and USB extenders
« on: December 31, 2017, 08:31:41 AM »
I used my QHY163c camera with a Lindy USB2 8 metre active extender. It worked very satisfactory until the past week. A replacement, previously unused, active extender cable has the same issue. Symptons: Plug in cable to PC, driver loads OK [3 usual tones] and camera connects OK with EZ-Cap, capture triggered OK but download of image to PC fails with multiple beeps as if a timeout/disconnect/reconnect occurs. Download fine if the short QHYccd supplied cable used.

Does the latest driver have a shorter timeout than earlier ones? If so, can this be rectified? Or is it something at my end?

ianB

Re: Driver update and USB extenders
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 07:51:20 AM »
Problem solved after further extensive testing on two computers. It is not a driver issue, rather a problem with the original QHY supplied USB type A to type B cable, the only one I had when I made original post. New 3m USB3 type A to type B arrived this morning [ordered before issue reported above occured] and I can now use my Lindu USB2 8 meter extender with no problems. Sorry to have raised the possibility of a driver issue, driver appears fine.

I think it better if I report solution rather than delete original question.     

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Driver update and USB extenders
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 03:54:04 AM »
Hello,
        In our SDK there is a usb communication error detection function and if found there is USB communication error it will beep .

There is more than more factor that effect the usb communication signal. The USB cable, computer mainboard , USB hub , ground well or not etc will cause it. So it is a system results. If all condition are not good the results are not good.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun