QHYCCD

problem with qhyimager

problem with qhyimager
« on: December 29, 2017, 10:42:53 AM »
hello , im new on this forum and i hope you can helpme.

im trying to make a allsky cam with qhy5 mono for detecting meteors with a rpi3 with ubuntu mate.

the indi drivers are installed and qhy ccd test is fine. what i want now is to capture by commd line for scripting , ive been reading in this forum about qhyimager or qhycapture , but when i tryed to download all the resources of the authors appeared down  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.rogers/QHY/index.htm , so i cant download nothing

is there any resource or software where i can get this ?

thankyou!

Re: problem with qhyimager
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 05:30:32 AM »
Clive doesn't seem to have been active here for quite some months, and even longer on other astronomy-related forums, so I don't think you're going to get a copy of that unless someone has one stored away somewhere.

You could look at using OpenSkyImager (the author is active here though I've not seen him post for a while) or oacapture (of which I am the author) instead.

I build oacapture on an RPi running various releases of Raspbian and an Odroid running Ubuntu 14.04 and create .deb packages for them, but I can't recall whether I've tested the QHY5 recently (it's become impractical to test all cameras on all platforms).

I've been intending to create some sort of all-sky camera version of oacapture for some time, so this might be a good opportunity :)

James

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 03:39:10 AM »
hi james , thank you for reply and informing about that. i will look at you software.

my idea is to use two cams , looking at the same direction , one in real time with good sensivity (some ahd) and the other  qhy5 , maybe depending on the quality ii will remove the first one if i dont need to expose with qhy5 (i dont know about this because its the first time im gona use) .

another purpose of this system is being part of a allsky monitoring network , so i think i need real time video.

anyway im gonna test oacapture to see if it will match with my project

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 03:07:06 AM »
Clive doesn't seem to have been active here for quite some months, and even longer on other astronomy-related forums, so I don't think you're going to get a copy of that unless someone has one stored away somewhere.

You could look at using OpenSkyImager (the author is active here though I've not seen him post for a while) or oacapture (of which I am the author) instead.

I build oacapture on an RPi running various releases of Raspbian and an Odroid running Ubuntu 14.04 and create .deb packages for them, but I can't recall whether I've tested the QHY5 recently (it's become impractical to test all cameras on all platforms).

I've been intending to create some sort of all-sky camera version of oacapture for some time, so this might be a good opportunity :)

James

hi james , i installed your software , looked in documentation for something similar to command line but i dont find anything about that , can you tell me how to do this ?

in openskyimager i found a remote parameter that can work with command line

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 06:56:19 PM »
At the moment there's no specific command line support, but if you can offer feedback on what kind of things you want to be able to do then I can work on adding that functionality.

James

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 05:06:52 AM »
At the moment there's no specific command line support, but if you can offer feedback on what kind of things you want to be able to do then I can work on adding that functionality.

James

hi james , about functions ,  i never worked with this kind of ccd , but i thing for the purpose i want  i need :

- exposure time
- resolution
- gain
- output format
- and the basic things you consider to work with this or may be needed . something similar to qhyimager

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 09:15:13 AM »
I wonder if there might be so many configuration options that it might be easier to put most of them in a file and just give the name of the file and a few basic choices on the command line?

James

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 10:22:23 AM »
You mean for example something like this?

Oacapture -c filewithparameters.txt -o photo.jpg

If this is your idea its not bad idea. I can replace parameters in that file with command line too. Its a good idea. Correct me if im wrong

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 05:59:40 PM »
Yes, that's pretty much what I was thinking of.