QHYCCD

QHY367C and QHY5III290M Serious interaction faults with MAXIMDL6

QHY367C and QHY5III290M Serious interaction faults with MAXIMDL6
« on: December 23, 2017, 03:23:53 PM »
With the latest versions of MaximDL6 6.14 and latest ASCOM drivers for these cameras I have had horrible camera fault issues.
Starting the computer with both cameras plugged in Ascom will not see the 367 just the QHY5.  If it does see the 367 and the QHY is registered either as the guide or the 2nd camera the cooler is locked at -20C.  Unplug the 5 and the 367 will register and cooler is fine.  Reboot and the 367 disappears from Acom setup. 

I think would be great if every time I use these cameras I would not have to register them again in Maxim.

This happens on both my active computers. 

I am really starting to get disappointed in the software (your ASCOM drivers)  MaximDL is the primiere software.  Your hardware is amazing the one time I got it to work.  Please work the Defraction Limited to unscrew these issues before I am forced to stop trying.  Spending too many hours on glitch software and not enough on the stars.

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: QHY367C and QHY5III290M Serious interaction faults with MAXIMDL6
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 06:51:30 AM »
Hello,
          If you use both camera in MAXIMDL. You need to select one as ASCOM-QHYCCD-Capture and another one is ASCOM-QHYCCD-GUIDE. Please try it.

Another solution is that you can use the old QHY5L-II ascom  (CMOS QHY5L-II ASCOM) as the guider.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun