QHYCCD

QHY168M new mono camera beta testing

QHY168M new mono camera beta testing
« on: October 09, 2017, 09:28:30 am »
New camera has arrived for beta testing. It is preproduction camera with modified debayered sensor from QHY168C camera and this is the only difference.

QHY168M was defined as QHY168C on connection to PC and this information was also included in fits file. This will be corrected in nearest future.

First tests were made to compare the sensitivity with QHY168C and find PROs and CONs.
I used Astronomik Lumi flat-field panel as a white light source and Astronomik LRGB filters set. Gain and offset settings were taken from QHY168C and were based on unity gain. Both cameras were measured on the same exposure to receive about 21000 counts on the QHY168C

I shoot the images on color camera with RGB filters then I took corresponding channel from each image to compare it to the image from mono camera, which was taken with the same filter.
First thing that I found out that color sensor with native bayer has a significalt leakage. It has 94% leakage to green in red filter, 24% to blue and 14% to red in green filter, and 36% to green and 7% to red in blue filter.
I was really descouraged with it!

In comparison with QHY168C the results are quite interesting particularly in connection to the loss of microlenses. I found the small decreese in sensitivity in blue and green (12,2% and 6,3%) which is not critical but... significant increase in red up to 32% which is important for Ha and SII
The L channel increase was measured as 60% - awesome!
The field tests are coming soon.

Generally speaking, the camera is very promising. It has AR+AR glass and has no anti-moire filter. This will help to receive more detailed contrast image.

You can also find custom flange on QHY filter wheel with custom off-axis guider to have correct focal path with Paracorr type2.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:24:14 am by Konstantin »

Re: QHY168M new mono camera beta testing
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 05:48:56 am »
Hi Konstantin,

Your results are very promising. Looking forward to see first images.. 

BTW, I can not see FW connector, how do you control Filter Wheel?

Regards,

David

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:14:24 am »
BTW, I can not see FW connector, how do you control Filter Wheel?
Regards,
David
Hello, David

As this camera has no FW port socket or USB hub I control FW via external USB powered hub which I use for all the equipment.

Regards,
Konstantin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:16:10 am by Konstantin »

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 08:23:47 am »
Hello Konstantin,

Any news regarding beta testing of the mono camera?

Cheers,

David

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 05:04:18 am »
Is it too soon to anticipate a release date for the camera and an expected price?

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 07:33:08 am »
Hello Konstantin,

Any news regarding beta testing of the mono camera?

Cheers,
David

Hello, David
No news, it works fine. Unfortunately I'm in struggle with poor weather conditions and waiting for the clear skies! :-\

pinx

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 04:22:03 am »
Hi everybody.

are there any news on this camera?

I am close to invest in a new sensor, but before I start, would like to know if this camera would see the light soon.
if that's the case I'm patient.

thank you very much

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 07:18:28 am »
Hi everybody.

are there any news on this camera?

I am close to invest in a new sensor, but before I start, would like to know if this camera would see the light soon.
if that's the case I'm patient.

thank you very much
QHY168M works great.

pinx

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 09:49:18 am »
when can we hope to have the first results?
and especially when can we hope to have the first cameras on sale?

I would propose well as beta-tester, but many here would be much more effective than me ...

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 05:41:10 am »
Hi there,

I currently have a QHY168C and have just returned from an trip at 8,000 ft where the camera performed brilliantly under perfect skies. I would like to buy a mono version to complement my colour one. When will it be for sale?

Thanks for making great cameras.
Dave

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 02:16:08 am »
Any news on when the QHY168M will be for sale?

Hi there,

I currently have a QHY168C and have just returned from an trip at 8,000 ft where the camera performed brilliantly under perfect skies. I would like to buy a mono version to complement my colour one. When will it be for sale?

Thanks for making great cameras.
Dave

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 06:38:29 am »
wow it niceee  :o :o