QHYCCD

Examples for low-level USB protocol on Windows 7?

Examples for low-level USB protocol on Windows 7?
« on: August 10, 2017, 12:54:08 AM »
Hello -- I am interested in using the low-level USB driver on Windows 7.  I understand I should use the cyusb driver.  I have had some trouble finding a good, simple way to install this driver.  I also do not have any experience with low-level USB operations, and so the whole thing seems very complicated, just to talk to the camera.

Is there an example program that runs on Windows that I could see, showing how to connect to the camera with USB, and then send and receive commands?

Thank you!

- donl

LCH

Re: Examples for low-level USB protocol on Windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 10:34:43 AM »
Hello
    I am a developer in QHYCCD and recently i am doing stuff like connecting the camera by using low-level protocol.You can simply use a C compiler running the code and don't forget to include the library of cyusb(download here:  http://www.cypress.com/?app=sdc ,  choose EZ-USB FX)
    I am not in the company now and I will put some examples of the low-level protocol communication between PC and camera tomorrow.

best regards
Li Chenghan

LCH

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:26:02 PM »
#include <windows.h>
#include "stdafx.h"
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <stdio.h>
#include "CyAPI.h"
#include<stdlib.h>
int  main()
{
   CCyUSBDevice* pUSB = new CCyUSBDevice;
   int  nDeviceCount = pUSB->DeviceCount();
   for (int nIdx = 0; nIdx < pUSB->DeviceCount(); nIdx++)
   {
      pUSB->Open(nIdx);
      printf("Device name is""%s\n", pUSB->DeviceName);
   }                                                                                       //opening the device and print the name
   printf("DeviceCount ""%d\n", nDeviceCount);                         //Count the number of devices
   int  vID, pID;
   vID = pUSB->VendorID;
   pID = pUSB->ProductID;
   printf("the Vid of the device is ""%04X\n", vID);
   printf("the Pid of the device is ""%04X\n", pID);
   int epts = pUSB->EndPointCount();
   printf("EndPointCount  ""%d\n", epts);                                     //Count the number of endpoint
   //  Just for typing efficiency
   CCyControlEndPoint  *ept = pUSB->ControlEndPt;                  //define Control endpoint
   ept->Target = TGT_DEVICE;
   ept->ReqType = REQ_VENDOR;                               //use vendrequest
   ept->ReqCode = 0xD1;                                     //0xD1 direction is OUT.Host computer will send 16bytes data in this vendrequest to the camera
   ept->Value = 0;
   ept->Index = 0;                                          //no use here
   PUCHAR buf = new UCHAR[15];
   LONG bytesToSend = 16;
   buf[0] = 0xA0;
   buf[1] = 0x01;
   buf[2] = 0x00;
   buf[3] = 0x01;
   buf[4] = 0x00;
   buf[5] = 0x01;
   int i;
   for (i = 5; i < 15; i++)
   {
      buf = 0x00;
   }                                                      //input the initialization command(ccc is 0xA0)with single-frame mode(ccp1 is 0x01)
   ept->Write(buf, bytesToSend);                          //send vendrequest to the camera
   printf("device initialized\n");
   ept->ReqCode = 0XD2;                                   //0xD2 direction is IN. Host computer will read 64bytes data of camera current status information in this vendrequest from camera
   ept->Value = 0;
   ept->Index = 0;
   PUCHAR buf1 = new UCHAR[64];
   long buflen = 64;
   ept->Read(buf1, buflen);                               //read 64bytes data from the camera
   printf("print the data transfered\n");
   int j, k;
   for (j = 0; j < 63; j++)
   {
      k = buf1[j];
      printf("%x  ", k);
   }
}

LCH

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 09:32:51 PM »
Above is an example of using vendrequest to connect.
Its function is initializing the camera and then read the information from camera.
Here is the result of this code.

LCH

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 09:35:20 PM »
Above is an example of using vendrequest to connect.
Its function is initializing the camera and then read the information from camera.
Here is the result of this code.

LCH

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »
This is an example of QHY163,you can check the topic of QHY163 low-level protocol in the developer board and compare the result with it.
The low-level protocols of different types are similar,you can learn to use it by reading the structure of the protocol provided in the board