QHYCCD

Polemaster Lag Time

Re: Polemaster Lag Time
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2019, 10:17:16 PM »
    Yes,I will add a slider,this can make you setup it by yourself,just like SharpCap.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2019, 02:09:46 PM »
Any updates on progress for this? Thank you...

--Jon

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2019, 07:08:15 PM »
Hi,
    I added the function in it,if everything without a hitch,I will release it at next week.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2019, 07:40:28 PM »
Thanks for the follow up...a user on AstroBin also discovered that the USB setting in the advanced power settings of Windows 10 being disabled also provided a workaround. (Settings>>Power & Sleep>>Additional Power Settings>>Change Plan Settings>>Change Advanced Power Settings>>USB Settings>>USB selective suspend setting>>On Battery & Plugged In both set to disabled)
Thanks again....

--Jon

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2019, 07:35:35 PM »
Hi,
    Sorry I forget to send the installer to you after I package it,here is the installer.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2019, 11:32:33 AM »
Thanks for the installer. Unfortunately, there is no improvement.

One observation I made testing in SharpCap (3.2), if I start with the traffic set at 255, it doesn't work there either. However, if I slide the slider to zero in SharpCap and then back to 255, it works fine. This method does not help in the Polemaster QT app. In Polemaster the only response comes while moving the mouse. There is an occasional update around~ 20 seconds or so but otherwise, it doesn't work.
Also, the USB selective suspend option I mentioned above stopped working for me as well.
There are a number of other users of Polemaster I came across in Astrobin forums who are experiencing the same issue with their Polemasters on laptops.

--Jon

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2019, 01:51:31 PM »
Messing around some more with this over the weekend and the only thing I could find that would work (besides constantly moving the mouse pointer around) was this workaround:

Don't plug Polemaster camera to USB yet.
 Before launching Polemaster, launch SharpCap and connect to your laptops integrated camera until you see video from your camera.
 Minimize SharpCap.(Don't close it!)
 Connect Polemaster to USB and start as usual.

Maybe this will provide something useful to help figure out why Polemaster isn't working.

--Jon
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 01:58:35 PM by jonkjon »

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2019, 07:20:20 PM »
Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback,it seem the issue is not caused by traffic,but other reason...
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2019, 09:43:13 PM »
Hi,

Yes. There is some reason why it seems to work in SharpCap but not Polemaster software. There must be something different.

--Jon

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2019, 10:14:29 PM »
So, after a bit more trial and error, this appears to be some sort of power issue. If I use a powered hub or leave the laptop connected to an adequate ac power source, the issue with Polemaster software goes away. Why doesn't this happen when using the Polemaster camera with SharpCap? Is there some difference in how SharpCap manages power to the camera? Is there something about Polemaster software that requires more power than SharpCap?

--Jon

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2019, 02:24:37 AM »
Hi,
    SharpCap is compiled with C#,it base on Microsoft Visual Studio,and the PoleMaster is developed with C++ and it is compiled by Qt Creator.Maybe there is difference between the way of Qt Creator and Microsoft Visual Studio use system source,this difference caused the issue,and Microsoft Visual Studio has better compatibility for Windows system.But this is is my conjecture...
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

Manav

• Please fix Polemaster Drivers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2020, 04:12:47 PM »
Microsoft Visual Studio has better compatibility for Windows system.

Sorry I was away due to personal reasons and it seems a lot of progress was made thanks to everyone?s inputs.

I?m not a software engineer but is it a far stretch to migrate the code across to Visual Studio instead of trouble shooting? We know it works in sharpcap so wouldn?t it be easier that way?

Sorry if the above solution sounds ridiculous

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2020, 08:45:46 PM »
Hi,
    Yes,if I stretch to migrate the code across to Visual Studio C#,this will very very trouble.So I'm seeking the solution in Qt C++,and this is a last resort,if I can't find the way to solving the issue in Qt C++,I will have do do it.And about SharpCap,you know this is third-party software,and because of the patent of PoleMaster,I can't decide this,unless Dr.Qiu agree this.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

Manav

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2020, 06:02:23 AM »
So, after a bit more trial and error, this appears to be some sort of power issue. If I use a powered hub or leave the laptop connected to an adequate ac power source, the issue with Polemaster software goes away.

That doesn't work for me; I still have issues if my laptop is connected to mains power.

Manav

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2020, 06:06:15 AM »
And about SharpCap,you know this is third-party software,and because of the patent of PoleMaster,I can't decide this,unless Dr.Qiu agree this.

My suggestion was to compile the software in Visual Studio C# as a standalone app like what it is now. Sorry but my intention wasnt to suggest that you move it to sharpcap.

Regards