QHYCCD

Polemaster Lag Time

Re: Polemaster Lag Time
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 02:50:59 PM »
I'm having the same lag problem on my new Windows 10 laptop. Guess I'll try playing a video in the background like others have suggested. Be nice to have this issue resolved.

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 11:23:31 PM »
I just received the polemaster and it gave my GEM the most accurate PA ever in just 6 minutes. If you are using an I7 proc you must disable hyperthreading in UEFI, 32bit legacy apps such as the polemater app will not reliably run on I7 (or Xeon) procs if hyperthreading is enabled.
In windows 10 goto settings-update security-recovery-advanced setup-restart now-troubleshoot-advanced options-UEFI firmware settings-restart. Computer will reboot into UEFI goto advanced tab and disable hyperthreading-F10 to save and restart.

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2017, 12:28:13 AM »
Additional to my post on I7 proc - I disabled C states, as well as hyperthreading, in UEFI to eliminate lag of polemaster app. Disabling C states keeps I7 “on” all the time so laptop battery time will decrease somewhat, but once I achieve PA I close polemaster and then re-enable C states.

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 10:03:54 AM »
my polemaster with latest software release in win10 i7 pc, present the problem that you can see in video. i resolve the problem installed the previous version of polemaster software waiting for a new release
QHY178C

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 08:35:06 PM »
When will there be an update for windows 10?? It isn't the hardware. I have the same ~20 second lag on windows 10 x64 on a Surface Pro4. I installed VMWare workstation 12 on the Surface Pro4 and a Win7x64 guest with the USB passed through to guest and the delay is gone.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 09:43:39 PM by DSPatrick »

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 08:37:45 PM »
my polemaster with latest software release in win10 i7 pc, present the problem that you can see in video. i resolve the problem installed the previous version of polemaster software waiting for a new release
Where did you get the older software version? The current and previous in download area are the same.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:13:04 AM by DSPatrick »

Manav

• Please fix Polemaster Drivers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2019, 07:55:53 AM »
I?m having this issue on my Lenovo X-Series laptop. I?m running Windows 64bit and the app will just stop cycling through the exposures unless I move my mouse. I?ve tried everything and it?s so frustrating.

Can I please request that QHY fix the drivers. Users shouldn?t have to stuff around with Bios settings or have to create VMs to get this to work. As far as I?m concerned Polemaster does not work with Win10.

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2019, 08:47:38 PM »
Hi,
    Well,I have been reported a issue about this,he told me if the PC is in a free state,the PoleMaster will hung,maybe your issue is same with his,you can try run a software in background,for example,a music player.
    And please report your test,when you have checked it.If the issue is same,I think I can try to solve it by modifying software.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

Manav

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2019, 03:05:35 PM »
Hi,
    Well,I have been reported a issue about this,he told me if the PC is in a free state,the PoleMaster will hung,maybe your issue is same with his,you can try run a software in background,for example,a music player.
    And please report your test,when you have checked it.If the issue is same,I think I can try to solve it by modifying software.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

I'm using Polemaster 1.3.4 because when I use the website version the issue is worse. The windows drivers are the latest from the website.

When running polemaster I have Stellarium running in the background, as well as youtube and music running via vlcplayer. It make a slight improvement i.e. the image will refresh for a few sec and then stop unless until I move my mouse.

However, with the website drivers and Polemaster software it won't even refresh for a few seconds I have to keep moving the mouse.

Regards
Yugant

« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 03:07:37 PM by Manav »

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2019, 09:46:00 PM »
Hi,
    Could you send the PoleMaster 1.3.4 installer to me with OneDriver or TransferXL,I can't visit Dropbox temporary because Chinese internet limitation.
    And did you shut out the len of camera when capture?And you also can download newest SDK from our official website to replace old one to try again.
    If you use SharpCap connect camera,can it work normally?
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

Manav

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2019, 05:28:15 AM »
None of the stable or beta versions of the software on the website work as well as the 1.3.4

With the 1.3.4 I can do polar alignment it still has lag but if I keep moving my mouse its ok.

Here is the link - https://transferxl.com/04vptk1ZfQ1GN
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 05:38:45 AM by Manav »

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2019, 08:49:23 PM »
Hi,
    Thanks for your help,well,I think I need confirm the issue is because of software or SDK.I will send a new SDK with output SDK to you later,please wait some time.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 09:12:10 PM »
Hi,
    I recompiled the PoleMaster_Qt,and it contains a qhyccd.dll with debug output.Please setup follow the attachment pictures.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

Manav

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 03:25:04 PM »
Hi,
    I recompiled the PoleMaster_Qt,and it contains a qhyccd.dll with debug output.Please setup follow the attachment pictures.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

I won?t be able to setup outside this weekend so I?ll check with the Polemaster lense cap on in the house.

On a side note it says QHY9 in your debug instructions is that correct?

Can I also request that everyone else that is having this issue test as well.

Regards
YB

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 07:16:46 PM »
Hi,
    Sorry,I attached wrong screenshot,it should be "QHYCCD",not the "QHY9ASCOM".
    And other people also have the same issue?
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu