QHYCCD

polemaster issue windows 10 unknown device

polemaster issue windows 10 unknown device
« on: July 17, 2020, 05:56:21 AM »
I have the latest polemaster software on a windows 10 pro install, and no matter waht I do the device always comes up as unknown device.
I have tried on my laptop and my desktop to no avail.
I have installed old polemaster versions etc failed!

what gives, it is really annoying that this happens! not happy
Help!

Re: polemaster issue windows 10 unknown device
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 07:45:08 PM »
Just to add info my device comes up with,
USB\VID_1618&PID_0940\5&2108ad5d&1&1

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 08:00:15 PM »
Hi,
    Did you install the system driver?https://www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/latestSoftAndDirver/Driver/PoleMasterDriverLatestEdition.zip
    The VID/PID seem didn't install system driver.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 08:39:02 PM »
Thanks for that, I thought the driver was integral to latest version. i also notice that even with system driver installed it refused to work on USB3 ports. USB2 works ok.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 08:09:29 PM »
    Well,it seem the USB3.0 port have some issue,make it can't work well with PoleMaster.And judge from the results,it is OK,device can work now.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 02:40:35 PM »
So has PoleMaster software development stopped now? Should we stop buying and recommending that people buy PoleMasters?

I have been using SharpCap3.x PRO to do my polar alignments using the PoleMaster camera but see no reason to do this if I can just use my guide-scope ans auto-guider to do the same thing. I could sell the PoleMaster and then I would not get stuck with a dead-end product with no drivers that work.

Chip

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 07:55:08 PM »
So has PoleMaster software development stopped now? Should we stop buying and recommending that people buy PoleMasters?

I have been using SharpCap3.x PRO to do my polar alignments using the PoleMaster camera but see no reason to do this if I can just use my guide-scope ans auto-guider to do the same thing. I could sell the PoleMaster and then I would not get stuck with a dead-end product with no drivers that work.

Chip

No,we have a plan for PoleMaster software,this need modify software code.This plan will be executed after I solve the current work.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu