QHYCCD

[REQUEST] Polemaster adapters

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: [REQUEST] Polemaster adapters
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 05:16:36 AM »
Hello,
         Is it ok that using the 3D printed board or must be metal board.  If 3D printed board is ok. We will have it in next week.
         The attached file is a 3D printed adapter board for AZEQ5 mount.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »
Hi Qiu,

3D printer model should be fine for me.

Thank you.
Donghun

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 09:27:52 AM »
I am looking for an adapter for 2 mounts, the Celestron CGE and the Orion Sirius EQ-G (Skywatcher HEQ-5 Synscan).

I'm attaching a picture of the CGE equatorial head. The four bolts are high strength and attach the DEC axis to the RA axis, so I'm not sure plastic will work well here.

Also, is there a way to obtain a manual on the Polemaster? Would alignment work better than using ASPA?

Thank you.

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »
Hello,

We have HEQ5 adapter already.  I will think of how to do with CGE. Since there is no anything to attach.
The manual is in the PoleMaster webpage. You can find it on the logo of manual. Also I paste an image at http://qhyccd.com/bbs/index.php?topic=5126.0  You will know how it works with this picture.

The alignment is much easy and conformable. For precision it can get 30arcsec if everything does well.  But you need correct the atmosphere refraction if you are in low latitude area. If the latitude is very low (<15)  the atmosphere will be hardly to calibration and in this condition there is some problem to use PoleMaster.

But we are developing another method based on the PoleMaster hardware.  It can allow you use the area without see the Polaris. This method maybe good for low latitude area.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

I am looking for an adapter for 2 mounts, the Celestron CGE and the Orion Sirius EQ-G (Skywatcher HEQ-5 Synscan).

I'm attaching a picture of the CGE equatorial head. The four bolts are high strength and attach the DEC axis to the RA axis, so I'm not sure plastic will work well here.

Also, is there a way to obtain a manual on the Polemaster? Would alignment work better than using ASPA?

Thank you.
Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 04:19:00 PM »
Hello,
I am interested in a Losmandy adapter for the PoleMaster. Both G11 and GM8 have a threaded hole for the polar scope
that can be used. Do you plan to have such an adapter ? i can provide pictures and measurements...
Many users in the US would be interested I think  ;)

Thierry

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 08:21:05 PM »
Hello,

Looks the Mesu200 is quite easy. I see there is a board for optic poleMaster. Just to do a metal board to replace of it.

Can you give me the size and distance of the two screw which fix the board on the mount? 

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

Hi Qiu,

Is Mesu200 adapter available? I mentioned that 3D printing version would be fine before.

Thank you.
Donghun

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 03:07:22 PM »
Hello,

We have HEQ5 adapter already.  I will think of how to do with CGE. Since there is no anything to attach.
The manual is in the PoleMaster webpage. You can find it on the logo of manual. Also I paste an image at http://qhyccd.com/bbs/index.php?topic=5126.0  You will know how it works with this picture.

The alignment is much easy and conformable. For precision it can get 30arcsec if everything does well.  But you need correct the atmosphere refraction if you are in low latitude area. If the latitude is very low (<15)  the atmosphere will be hardly to calibration and in this condition there is some problem to use PoleMaster.

But we are developing another method based on the PoleMaster hardware.  It can allow you use the area without see the Polaris. This method maybe good for low latitude area.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

Thank you.

Hi, this may have been answered but I could not find it.

What if using the adaptor to install polemaster, it is not perfectly aligned with the axis, is there software calibration to correct the misalignment?

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 11:27:13 AM »
Hello,

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

Thank you.

Hi, this may have been answered but I could not find it.

What if using the adaptor to install polemaster, it is not perfectly aligned with the axis, is there software calibration to correct the misalignment?

No , it does not require the perfect aligned with axis.  The software will detect the rotate center of the axis on the image.
Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 03:37:15 PM »
Hello,

Is there any chance to get the polemaster attached to a Vixen GP-D(2) and a Skywatcher EQ8?

Best regards
Mike

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2016, 04:33:59 AM »
I would like to request a PoleMaster adapter for the Astro-Physics Mach1GTO mount.

The mount has an aperture in the declination housing that has a minimum diameter of 43.3mm +/- 0.5mm that is cut through a cylinder that has a radius of approximately 44mm (the aperture is not cut through a flat plane). This cylinder, which forms the declination housing, has a wall thickness of about 4.5mm. Also, since the aperture is cut through a cylinder the inside and outside diameters of the aperture are not exactly equal, but the minimum diameter of 43.3mm occurs on the inside of the housing. Thus, you may want to consider using a split-ring type of attachment for the PoleMaster adapter that could be expanded against this inside diameter of the aperture (screws might not hold against the thin and somewhat angled walls of the aperture).

I've attached a photo that shows the aperture in the declination housing.

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 01:54:28 PM »
I use Celestron AVX mount, its built in polar alignment software works but at the long FL (1400mm) the slight polar misalignment still causes image movement in one direction during long exposures (please correct me if something else is causing this☺).

My question is, in your experience, will the Polemaster offer better PA than the AVX's own?

Also, as imaging continues through the night, I think my PA changes a little, especially after passing meridian.  How do your Polemaster software help?

My concern is I am limited by the quality of the low budget AVX mount, the Polemaster may not be able to help.

So my question is really, should I bite the bullet upgrade my mount, or do you believe I should give the Polemaster a try first?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 02:02:07 PM by firstC8 »

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 02:41:51 AM »
I use Celestron AVX mount, its built in polar alignment software works but at the long FL (1400mm) the slight polar misalignment still causes image movement in one direction during long exposures (please correct me if something else is causing this☺).

My question is, in your experience, will the Polemaster offer better PA than the AVX's own?

Also, as imaging continues through the night, I think my PA changes a little, especially after passing meridian.  How do your Polemaster software help?

My concern is I am limited by the quality of the low budget AVX mount, the Polemaster may not be able to help.

So my question is really, should I bite the bullet upgrade my mount, or do you believe I should give the Polemaster a try first?

Hello,
         Do you have the data of the shift value of DEC?  I need this to see if the PoleMaster will help you. Normally speaking the PoleMaster precision is 30arcsec.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2016, 03:43:47 AM »

Hello,
         Do you have the data of the shift value of DEC?  I need this to see if the PoleMaster will help you. Normally speaking the PoleMaster precision is 30arcsec.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

How to read shift values?  Last I recall Dec "error" was about 0.98 on average, total "error" around 0.90, but that was using an Orion mini guidescope with a 3x Barlow lens added.  Without the Barlow, the "error" reading was smaller.  The image below shows the PHD guiding graph without 3x Barlow, only the Orion Mini guidescope, after adding the Barlow, the error readings went up the around 1.00.

I do need the 3x Barlow on the guidescope to work with the C8 with F6.3 reducer at 1,400mm FL.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:52:53 AM by firstC8 »

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2016, 06:26:11 AM »
Hello, here is the calculation method

How to test the precision of the alignment.

You can use guide software to record the RA AND dec drift curve when disable both of RA and DEC guiding.  The DEC drift present the precision of the alignment. The fomular is :

Precision ( arcsec) = 6(hours) * drift per hours.

For example:  if in one hour the DEC drift is 3arcsec, the precision is 6*3=18arcsec.

Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 02:48:04 AM »
so how would polemaster work on my M-Uno?
As you can see I could potentially mount it on the polerscope hole but the camera would be looking through the 3 legged extender plate so I assume this would corrupt the image? to the point that it couldn't be used.
In which case I would need attach it somewhere else somehow?
Any thoughts.