QHYCCD

QHY5L-II-C 3 months old and apparantly dead!

QHY5L-II-C 3 months old and apparantly dead!
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:44:45 AM »
I bought a QHY5L-II in September 2013, while setting up to guide on the 30th December it would not connect to the laptop via any cable nor is the red LED status light visible in the rear of the camera.

As far as I can tell it's dead as the PC does not acknowledge it being connected but on the off chance I've missed something or there is some magical application to diagnose / fix problems does any one here have any bright ideas on what the cause / fix could be. I have contacted the UK supplier but no response as yet, to be fair to him it's New Year so he may not be back to work yet so too early to be grumpy with him.

Re: QHY5L-II-C 3 months old and apparantly dead!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 11:16:26 AM »
Silly question but have you tried rebooting the PC and using another port? Also replacing the cable? I've had my QHY5L-II(mono) lock up(no led) and wouldn't work until I changed to another USB port.

Re: QHY5L-II-C 3 months old and apparantly dead!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 04:12:46 AM »
Ah I can tell you have technical support experience! :-)

I have tried with 2 different USB cables in different ports on three different machines (Laptop, Home PC and even the works laptop!) I'm reasonably sure it's dead. I have since spoken to the UK supplier and it is on it's way back for repair / replacement under warranty.