QHYCCD

QHY5L-II ASCOM driver important update

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
QHY5L-II ASCOM driver important update
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:04:37 AM »
Hello,

Some user report the QHY5L-II ascom halt when use PHD or MAXIMDL etc.  Espcially using some long USB cable.
After checking we found the reason is QHY5L-II ascom set the camera working in max USB speed. This will cause bad frame
if the computer conditions or USB cable conditions not good.

Now I compile a update version and set the QHY5L-II working in slowest speed.  Now the camera can works stable
even using long cable( for 5m cable please use the sepcially extender cable which has a usb hub inside).

There is two files in the rar compress package. Please uncompress it and copy it into the C:/programme files/common files/ascom/camera
and overwrite the same name file.   for WIN7-64 it is in the c:/programme files(x86)/common files/ascom/camera.

If this update works well .We will make a formal installer package to replace the current one.

BTW:  The QHY5L-II 8/12bit Test ASCOM also fixed this bug.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:21:30 AM by QiuHY »
Qiu Hongyun

Re: QHY5L-II ASCOM driver important update
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »
Thanks for this  :D

We have had dreadful weather in the UK, but I will try it out at the first opportunity

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 12:29:22 AM »
How could the users customize the USB speed?
Cyclops Optics - QHYCCD distributor in Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
Dealer of QHYCCD, William Optics, STC, Optolong, HyperSharp, IDAS, Pentax eyepieces, Starlights Instruments, Vixen and Takahashi.

CZB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:52:34 PM »
Hello,
      Perhaps you can customize the USB speed to EZPlanetary>>camera setup>>click  high speed readout or not.

Best Regards

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 11:16:31 AM »
The dates of the drivers are oldwer than the version in the download pages. Is this still recommented?

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 07:58:21 PM »
Hello,
      No. Now we can use the last version.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 11:22:39 AM »
Dear friends,

I have tried to download the driver for QHY5LII but I have the message that the archieve is damaged.
Does anybody can help me?

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 12:14:00 AM »
Dear friends,

I have tried to download the driver for QHY5LII but I have the message that the archieve is damaged.
Does anybody can help me?
Hi,
    I will check if the file issue,please wait some time.
Best Regards,
QinXiaoXu