QHYCCD

Blooming problem with QHY12

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Blooming problem with QHY12
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 01:27:02 AM »
Once you use a very fast scope, and use a CCD with low Full well, and limited dynamic range, you may well get blooming.
A C14 is quite a BIG scope.. especially at very short f ratio.

Theo.

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 04:04:57 AM »
Hi Theo,  Sander, Michael and Dr. Qui

Theo, You are right concerning the fast system I use.

However, I get the blooming already after a few seconds.
And that would mean, that you get this problem even with a 5" telescope after less than 1 minute exposure and this not only with bright stars like the Pleiades.

This is already my second QHY12 and I did not have the problem with the old camera even after 5 minutes exposure times.

Sorry to say, I agree a little bit with the last statement of Sander!

I know that my German QHY-dealer, Astrolumina, is much endeavored to have lucky customers. Michael, the owner, takes all the time his customers are requesting, to solve problems, if there are any.  However, what shall he do? 
Actually, I made the experience, that Qui is showing himself very accommodating with problems occurring.

I guess the problem will be solved and I will report.
It is real bother for me, that the old camera was in China for repair and came back with the same problem and the fast accommodating new replacement camera shows unluckily another problem.
I have a QHY9, which runs excellent, so I know that QHY is able to build perfect cameras!

BR Peter

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »
Hello,

We have a QHY8L/8PRO/10/12 repair manual. Please check it and found the VR to adjust the CCD subtract voltage.  (There is only one POT in the retangle board) Each CCD sensor has a sub voltage. If the sub voltage not suitable. The blooming will happen.

Normally we adjust this voltage to 12V. But for some sensor, maybe lower or higher is better.

To messure the voltage. Need to use the multimeter.  check the voltage metal screw of the POT to GND.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 08:59:08 AM »
Hello,

You can aslo contact our repair department(on help ticket system) or the dealer for this issue.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 10:23:56 AM »
Hello,

Did it twice last days but without any response from FanMoRan.
Ticket No is 1536.

Regards
Michael Breite
astrolumina
your QHY distributor in Germany, Austria, Poland, Switzerland, BeNeLux and Namibia

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 11:04:40 AM »
Qui,
Please send us the repair manual or the link to the repair manual. I got the cam from Peter Remmel on my desk today. If I have the instruction not on my Desk, i will not start the adjustment. Of course I need to know, how test the cam during the day, because I can't wait for the next clear night. If I will not get the manual shortly, I have to send all the stuff back to China, and the return will takes weeks again.
I dont want do get repair tickets or other stuff because nobody answering.
Qui this is not good to tell a customer to turn somehow the POT and then test again. This cam costs a lot of money and a customer expect a working and adjusted product.
So please send the link soon, or put it on the webside where anybody can easily find it.
Thanks
Peter

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »
Hi Peter,

Dont get confused with what Dr. Qiu is trying to say.
Of course the first thing to do is to call your local dealer for it to get properly looked at.
However, there are many users that would rather they do the little adjustemnts themselves.
This was requested some years ago, due to the time factor that many users didnt want to be without a camera.
If you are confident, and know what you are doing, then request more detailed information about the fix.
If you are not time restricted, of course send it off to get looked at.
But by all means, dont think that this is the first point of investigation. Its not, and dont feel that you are forced to look at it yourself.
Its the company's recomendation that you "Always" send the camera in for inspection or repair. But the Dr. Qiu understands the constraints of users time and ability, so is only offered for thiose capable.
Its the same as a Car service. There are some that cant even change the water in their car, and then there are those that can do all the work. This is a similar situation..

Theo.

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 08:27:43 AM »
Hi Theo,

Astrolumina is the dealer in Germany.
And "deepsky" -Peter is the consulting engineer of the German dealer Astrolumina.

So, you see the camera is in professional hands.
But I guess they need assistance.
What is going on with QHY?

Peter
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 01:47:07 PM by cpt.peter »

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 10:12:42 AM »
Hello,

The repair manual has arrived there and they have adjusted the voltages. Will have a check at night to see if the adjustment take effects.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »
Hi,

that sounds good!

Peter

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 04:36:30 PM »
Dear all,
I made it !!!
I set the voltage from 8Volt to 12V in the beginning, but then I got a picture with "Black" Blooming.
I opend the hounsing of the cam outdoor (it was pretty cold there) and turned the pot counter clockwise and end up at 11.4 V which works. I did some test on stars. No Blooming (white or black). So I keep it at 11.4 Volt.
So nothing for only 10 min, seting to 12 V is good guess, but one has to adjust at some stars.
With best regards
Peter

P.S. Qui, no manual arived on my desk, neither via messenger nor via Email.