QHYCCD

QHY5-II Advanced settings (Remove the grid or random horizonal noise high gain)

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
(These settings is only for QHY5-II.  NOT for QHY5L-II.  QHY5L-II itself has no horizoanl noise or weak grid pattern issues)

1.Manual RGGB Offset setting: Avoid the weak grid and strip pattern after stacked in high gain.
When using very high gain to capture some weak grid can be seen on the image. This is due to the MT9M001 sensor's internal RGGB offset is not calibrated well in its auto offset mode. This grid will cause some
banding. 

EZPlanetary has the manual RGGB offset settings and allow manual adjust the offset of RGGB pixels.

Qiu Hongyun

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
This is image captured with low gain. The weak grid can not be seen in this low gain image.
Qiu Hongyun

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
This is the image with high gain. The weak grid can be seen in this image.
Qiu Hongyun

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Capture 50frames and stack in registax. and shapen it. The banding cause by the grid is easy to see

Qiu Hongyun

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Now we do some setup to avoid this problem.

First select  menu - Camera setting - Color/mono  - RG   to set the EZP working mode into color mode (although QHY5-II is mono)

Qiu Hongyun

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
然后进入 菜单  - 相机设置--相机高级设置     去掉 自动偏置前面的勾    注意此时画面颜色会变为偏绿

select Menu -  Camera Setting -- camera advanced setting.   Check off the Auto RGGB offset.  The image will become green color
Qiu Hongyun

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Increase the value of the first Spin box.  The red histogram will shift from left to right. Adjust the value carefully and keep the red and green histogram matching.

Qiu Hongyun

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Adjust the last spin box value. The blue histogram will move to right. Let it match with other colors.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:03:13 am by QiuHY »
Qiu Hongyun

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
This is the final result
Qiu Hongyun

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Close the advanced setting window.  Set back the Menu -> camera setting ->color/mono -> RAW   Then the
manual RGGB offset calibration is successed.

Record 50frame and stack with registax and shape it . The banding is removed compeletly.

Please note:  The different gain will cause different calibartion value. If you changed the gain. The above calibration
need to be set again.

Qiu Hongyun

patry

Nicely done, and quite smart to go through a color mode set to set individual pixels gain (do not remember exactly the four registers in the CMOS).
Pity it is not easy to have a "auto white balance" (widely use on video recorder) using a "white/grey" uniform reference.

Marc PATRY

This is the image with high gain. The weak grid can be seen in this image.

Why I cannot see the jpeg file in the forum and even when I downloaded it?

I am trying to do this, but the RG option in EZ planetary is not available for my mono camera QHY5-II.

How do I enable it?

Thanks,
Nick

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello,

In early version of EZP, all mono camera can be set to RGGB. But in the new version we disabled the RGGB setting for mono camera. So looks it can not convert to color to watch the RGGB now. You have to watch the peak of the histogram and let them to be as sharp as possible.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun
Qiu Hongyun

Thanks, I will try that.

Nick