QHYCCD

QHYCCD driver for WINDOWS VISTA/7 64BIT here (EZCAP x64 version added)

Re: QHYCCD driver for WINDOWS VISTA/7 64BIT here (EZCAP x64 version added)
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 07:17:15 AM »
I have same problem with QHY5.  I can see stars in QGVideo, but not in PHD.  Using latest drivers for 64 bit W7, selecting ASCOM v.5 -> QHY5 CMOS Camera.  PHD connects, and I see black screen and a few hot pixels with lens cap on, or white screen if I flash light at sensor, but no sign of star (tried with Sirius as well as Alnitak pre-focussed and centred in QGVideo first).  Latest versions of PHD, ASCOM, QHY downloads, etc.

M.

TVDEEDE

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 07:45:28 AM »
Hi,

maybe it is best to try day-time images with a lense and see where you get
If QGVideo is working then the camera is working fine.
Are you sure only one application is connected to the camera at the same time?
ASCOM is just based on the same dlls so see no reason why this would not work

Maybe it is just a matter of the visualization (gamma settings or so)

grtz
Tom

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 01:01:54 PM »
I know it works because I imaged Mars using RGB filters a couple of weeks ago.  I upgraded PHD to the latest pre-release version after posting this.  I also took darks.  ALthough this was in the day time with the cap on, I now get noise lines where before I only got blackness, and if I turn up the brightness the image gets lighter.  Will try to test later and see if it works now.  I was getting stars in QGVideo, but not PHD (did select the loop icon to capture).  I am wondering whether QGVideo closes properly when closing?  As I used that to find and focus stars with a mask, closed, and then opened up PHD and connected via ASCOM.

M.

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2010, 07:59:54 AM »
I tried PHD 1.11.0 running in Windows7, with the new 64/32bit driver (WinUSB) in ASCOM v.5, but encounter the following problem.

After running for a while, the screen looks like this:

TVDEEDE

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2010, 08:12:40 AM »
Subaru,

is this recurring or just once?  This looks like the data is no longer synchronised with the camera reading.
I'll see if I can find anything that may cause this behaviour but this is the first time I see this. 

regards
Tom

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2010, 08:29:22 AM »
Subaru,

is this recurring or just once?  This looks like the data is no longer synchronised with the camera reading.
I'll see if I can find anything that may cause this behaviour but this is the first time I see this. 

regards
Tom

It happened for several times.  The further symptom is, PHD got hang, and I can only end it using the Windows task manager.

The reason I upgrade to this new driver with ASCOM 5.51 is, the PHD got hang in Windows7 with the old astrosoft.be drivers.  I tried both 512 and 1024 version, and it seems the camera was disconnected (heard a sound and I guess the old driver is unstable in Windows7) after running PHD for a while.  The screen of the PHD then became black and PHD hang.

Running the PHD and the old astrosoft.be driver (1024 version) in Windows XP is no problem, and it proves to be a very stable platform.

Please help as I can't find a stable version for running in Windows7 at the moment for the autoguide.

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2010, 09:18:12 AM »
The instability issue of the QHY5 driver in Windows7 is not only affecting PHD, but also QGVideo 4.0.2.

After I ran QGVideo for a while, tuning the exposure and gain, it hang.  The LED on the QHY5 camera was switched off, and when I re-run the QGVideo, it said "No camera detected".  I need to unplug the USB cable to re-connect the QHY5 again.  Even I re-open the QCVideo, it hang after running for a while, and for some time, it shows similar symtom as with PHD.

TVDEEDE

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2010, 09:21:11 AM »
Subaru,

Did you just updrade the machine from XP to Win7 or is this an entirely different machine you are testing on?

regards
Tom

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 09:36:01 AM »
Subaru,

Did you just updrade the machine from XP to Win7 or is this an entirely different machine you are testing on?

regards
Tom

Tom,

They are 2 machines, both are Thinkpads.

Subaru.

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 07:55:35 PM »
One more test result: running PHD with the QHY5 astrosoft.be 1024 driver in another VISTA (32 bit) machine is also stable, and no disconnection was encountered.

So, I guess the stability problem of the data transmission / disconnection between the QHY5 and computer may only exist in Windows7.

The Windows7 I am running is 32 bit version.

Please help to see if there is any tuning can be done for running the QHY5 WINUSB or astrosoft.be driver in Windows7.

I didn't encounter disconnection in Windows7 with QHY8 running the WINUSB driver.

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2010, 09:30:45 PM »
Hello,

Do you test the 64/32 WINUSB drivers in a XP 32bit computer?

Best regards.
Qiu Hongyun

TVDEEDE

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2010, 01:05:27 AM »
Subaru,

Can you plesae let me know after how much time these effects occur? 
I have been using the QHY5 on Win7 for a significant amount of time without any problems

The breakdown happens if computer communication gets jammed (too many errors, short disconnect). 
I have  up the QHY5 on my Win7 x64 and see how it behaves.
Does this effect show after hours or does it show fairly fast?

regards
Tom

TVDEEDE

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 04:25:45 AM »
Subaru,

I have QGVideo running now on Win7 with the latest drivers for several hours in a row now and I have not noticed the behaviour you describe.
I'll continue to look for the problem but key to solving anything is being able to reproduce it.

regards
Tom

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 09:50:20 AM »
Hello,

Do you test the 64/32 WINUSB drivers in a XP 32bit computer?

Best regards.
Dr. Qiu,

I test the 64/32 WinUSB driver in Windows7.

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 09:54:51 AM »
Subaru,

Can you plesae let me know after how much time these effects occur? 
I have been using the QHY5 on Win7 for a significant amount of time without any problems

The breakdown happens if computer communication gets jammed (too many errors, short disconnect). 
I have  up the QHY5 on my Win7 x64 and see how it behaves.
Does this effect show after hours or does it show fairly fast?

regards
Tom

Subaru,

I have QGVideo running now on Win7 with the latest drivers for several hours in a row now and I have not noticed the behaviour you describe.
I'll continue to look for the problem but key to solving anything is being able to reproduce it.

regards
Tom

Tom,

Thanks for your advice.

I tried it again in my Windows7 computer with another USB cable (with filter at the end) and have not been encountered the disconnection / out-of-sync / hanging problem.

The strange thing is the last USB cable I used had no problem in my XP and Vista computers but the Windows7.

So, I guess the last USB cable I used is not good enough and might cause data out-of-sync problem in the Windows7 computer.

I will continue to run it to see if the same issue occurs.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:56:49 AM by Subaru »