QHYCCD

QHYCCD driver for WINDOWS VISTA/7 64BIT here (EZCAP x64 version added)

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: QHYCCD driver for WINDOWS VISTA/7 64BIT here (EZCAP x64 version added)
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 12:49:51 AM »
Thanks Tom,
That should help calm many that are getting dead links.
Hope to see you getting better soon.

Thanks again, i know how frustrating it is to be doing 50 jobs at once, and only one pair of hands to wok with.

Theo.

TVDEEDE

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 05:59:54 AM »
I just asked the hosting company to reset a backup from last week.
Hope this solves the problems.

regards
Tom

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 11:21:18 AM »
If I want to use QHY9 with Nebulosity, do I have to revert to older windows drivers?

TEC and filterwheel controls in Nebulosity does not seem to work with ASCOM drivers.
I think the QHY9 control in Nebulosity was written for windows drivers only and new windows drivers don't work with Nebulosity?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

TVDEEDE

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 01:26:35 PM »
Dave

The lack of temp control support in dor ASCOM is an incomplete coverage of the ASCOM drivers by Nebulosity and it is not something that can or should be solved by the drivers.
If you want to use nebulosity + temperature control you either will have to wait until the Nebulosity internal stuff has been adapted to the latest standards or  revert back to the old stuff.

Fileterwheel is independent from the camera.  Both ASCOM drivers for this are available and should work with anuy camera in RS232 mode.

regards
Tom
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 01:32:53 PM by tvdeede »

Hagar

• View Profile
    • Images from SE Australia
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 07:28:49 PM »
If I want to use QHY9 with Nebulosity, do I have to revert to older windows drivers?

TEC and filterwheel controls in Nebulosity does not seem to work with ASCOM drivers.
I think the QHY9 control in Nebulosity was written for windows drivers only and new windows drivers don't work with Nebulosity?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

The temp comtrol and filter control in nebulosity is found at "View" , "QHY9 controls " from the view menu.

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 12:00:23 AM »
Thanks for the info Tom.
I'll wait for the Nebulosity to catch up, also it doesn't have independent ASCOM filterwheel control either, good thing I am on trial mode.

Would I be missing out on anything if i used old drivers?
Some sort of version control/revision history of drivers on a web page would be niceĀ  ;)

I'll try Maxim + ASCOM....just a bit pricey though.

Anyway, I think I'm hijacking the thread...I'll create a new topic if I'm still in trouble.
Thanks for the help.

Dave

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:09:15 AM by zipdrive »

TVDEEDE

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 01:10:11 AM »
Hi Dave,

I think Nebulosity is a great program.  It uses it's own internal driver structure so when major updates occur things have to be reworked.
It only has some limitations in its ASCOM implementation.  It also has direct drivers but they need updating to the latest driver fraework.  As far as I'm aware of, these will be released shsortly.

As I don't have the means of investinging in a source control system anything more than the basic, I'm bound to support the latest version only, hence I only have the final version available.
Basic rule I apply: if you have problems, update to the latest drivers, if not solved, report as a problem.   It is a modus operandi mainly due to ack of time to do more a extensive solutions.

Maxim is indeed pricy (though ascom is free).  There are other solutions list Priam and AstroArt as well but everybody has his own preferences when it comes to imaging...

regards
Tom

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 02:01:55 AM »
Dave, have you tried EZYCAP 1.8 ?, as its getting to be pretty good function wise, and has many features in it already. Plus its free.

Theo.

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 07:31:29 AM »
Dave, have you tried EZYCAP 1.8 ?, as its getting to be pretty good function wise, and has many features in it already. Plus its free.

Theo.

Yep thanks Theo, EZYCAP works well.

Dave

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 02:51:31 PM »
Hi    Newbie needing help please!

I have a QHY5 that I wish to use as guide cam with PHD and possibly Maxim.  I am using Ascom with Cartes du Ciel to control EQ6 mount with EQmod. 

Where do I find the appropriate driver for the QHY5 please. Any advice appreciated.

QHY5 vid/pid is USB\VID_1618&PID_0901\5&34AF11FF&0&5

Many thanks

TVDEEDE

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 03:05:52 PM »
Hi Chip,

Where did you get the camera?  Didn't you get instructions on how to use.
With this VID/PID all latest downloaded drivers should work.

All about cartes du ciel and EQmod are out of the equation I think as they have nothing to do with the imaging part (provided you will be guiding using the camera port an d not through EQMOD.

regards
Tom

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 03:18:54 PM »
Hi Tom

Purchased QHY5 from Astronomia at Astrofest. Have an A4 sheet which has led me to this site and have tried the following link for Ascom driver but can't seem to get it to work:

http://www.astrosoft.be/CURRENT_RELEASE/QHY5ASCOMBETASetup.exe

Am running Windows XP. Am a bit confused as to where to download driver from. Sorry to trouble you with whats probably just me being thick!

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »
Thanks for your helpTom

No there was no CD or DVD; just an A4 page 'Quickstart Guide' leading to www.astrosoft.be from where I ended up here.

The company was Astronomia based in Surrey, UK who were at Astrofest, London.

Regards     Chip

TVDEEDE

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »
Ah ok, misread the name.

the link should be fine
I just checked: www.astrosoft.be still exists but only the files have been renamed so the just select the drivers for the QHY5 camera and you should be fine.

regards

Tom

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »
Ok Tom.   I will try again tomorrow as suggested and hopefully make a connection with the camera!

Thanks again.   Chip