QHYCCD

Availability of QHY9 in the USA?

Availability of QHY9 in the USA?
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »
Hello,

This is my first message posted here.  I have been happily using my QHY8 for some time now and am very pleased with the performance of the camera.  Recently I've realized that the typical seeing at my location likely leads to significant oversampling at the focal length that I normally image with.  So, I've been looking at smaller pixel based cameras and I think the QHY9 is just what the astro doctor ordered.  So, my question is this...Is the camera now in production?  Can it be purchased here in the USA?  I think Starizona is a dealer and I have been placed on a wait list with them, but there is no information as to availability so I was wondering how long before they become widely available in the USA.  Thanks.

Anjal.

QiuHY

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Availability of QHY9 in the USA?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:09:48 PM »
Hello,

The QHY9 is under producing. Because the QHY9 constuction is complex than QHY8, the production is slower . So it need more time to finished them.
I have not get the order from stariona of QHY9 also. Please ask them again. We have two dealer in US: Starionza and CCDLABS. You can call both of them
for the availablity.

Best regards,
Qiu Hongyun

Gama

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Availability of QHY9 in the USA?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:51:29 AM »
If your quick, you can get a great deal here http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=45175 .
It is still under warranty till january 2010, so your covered too. Doug is also contactable here on this forum too.
The QHY-9 cameras dont last long, as your aware, so first in best dressed as they say.
Remember the price is in Australian dollars, so convert it to your currency.

Theo
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:42:08 PM by Gama »